Search This Blog

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Playing Catch-up

Well, not so much with re-pairs, but builds.  Although I WAS forced to do some heavy duty Quality Control!
ARRGH!  Apparently while the cat was away the mice did PLAY!  No prob with the re-pairs but the builds that went out were WAY sub-standard!  And unfortunately is was some unfortunate potential customers that had to point out the problems to me!  1 bike...couldn't shift, 1 bike....bad shifter, 1 bike...bad shock, piss poor front derailleur assembly, 1 bike...too many problems to mention!!!!
again...ARRRRGGGHHH!!!
This is NOT what we built our business on, NOR is it the reputation I wish to develop! our motto has ALWAYS been "just because it's used doesn't mean it has to look that way!"  And it DEFINITELY doesn't have to RIDE that way!
SOOOO, we have fixed the problems on three of them and will have the other two done tomorrow.  Unfortunately that's what happens sometimes hen mechanics get complacent, and sloppy, and the management trusts that they are doing what they are suppose to be doing.  Needless to say QC will now be up to "Hard Ass Daddy"  Oh they are going to LOVE me!
heeheehee.
I always make it fun.  I wait until they finish everything then tell them whats wrong.  That way they have THREE times as much work to do, instead of two!
ANYWAY!
Put out the Caloi ladies 5 speed, and for me that was about it.  At about 11.30 this morning the AC conked out (it's annual tradition) so it has been a WEE bit toasty in here!  I'm moving slower then normal (well that and all the REDO'S!)
once again. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!!!
Radar's working on another sweet ride, this time a specialized Hybrid.  Should be done on the 'morrow!
And Adam....hmmmmmmmmmmmm, he was having fun banging away on a...banger.  Hopefully that'll be done tomorrow as well.
Well time for us to hit the silk!
PEACE!
CALOI LADIES 5-SPEED CRUISER
ONLY $80.00!!
WHAT A STEAL!!

2 comments:

  1. Today, I picked up my silver Huffy Magellan from your shop (rear wheel trued and "tune-up." I was very pleased with the quality of work done! Please thank the mechanic that worked on my bike. I have been reading your blog since Jan. '11. Keep up good work. I will make sure to drop off my bike for yearly "tune up."
    Sincerely,
    Ken Sota
    Safety Harbor, FL

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks SO MUCH for the kudos'! It truly makes are day a better one!

    ReplyDelete