Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Long Weekend

And we missed it! 
As we sat in our little corner of paradise yesterday, toiling away on soon to be SWELL new rides a thought occurred to me; "where are all the people?"  I knew it was a Monday, not our busiest day.  But we had on gentleman come in  early after opening and purchase two new rides (Thank you very much!) but then it was like...dead!  Not a prob (not much anyway) as we have PLENTY to keep us busy, but it wasn't until MUCH later that I realized (rather was told) It's a Holiday!
Some of you may say "but didn't you realize that when your kids weren't in school?" 
Not so much.  School nowadays isn't like when we were kids.  When we were kids you actually WENT to school...and did WORK!  Not take every third week off for some teachers retreat, or conference, or martini luncheon or whatever.  I swear I can't keep track!  Bless my wife's heart, if it weren't for her I' be lost!  She keeps track f all that stuff.  It's taken me most of the school year to remember that the kids get out early on Wednesdays! (don't ask me why, budget cuts probably)  I have no ill will towards teachers, mind you.  I blame the administration's higher muckety mucks, and the "No rich white child left behind" policy.  How they prepare kids for Life much left FCAT, is beyond me.  When a high schooler can't do basic math?  Scary!"
"$100.00?  That's like 18,000.00 pennies!
(don't ask!  TRUE STORY!)
ANY WHO...WOW!  Went off on a tangent there, didn't I?
So today we have some new goodies to play with, got in a nice little scavenged BMX that Anthony has already scavenged for parts, and built up a nice Haro frame we had, I'm putting the finishing touches on a Specialized he started then going on to a Workman folding bike we got in yesterday...AND
Sunday, I guess it took friends to motivate her, but our shop neighbor Ahmed and his girlfriend invited Angela out for a ride along the Pinellas Trail.  She took out the GT and LOVED it.  They covered about 20 miles and she said it was effortless (except for the HOT sun...needed a LITTLE lotion that night)  So now she wants to ride more.  Which in turn has motivated me to get my butt in gear and fix up my ride.  Which I started yesterday.
So...hopefully we'll be back on the road soon!
Lord knows my midsection will thank me for it!
Well it's off to the races!
Y'all have a great day, and hope to see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment