Search This Blog

Saturday, May 21, 2011

The Morning after...

Ouch.
I'm sure its of no real cathartic Revelation to anyone that the medical industry works on redundancy.  I applaud all the medical staff at Morton Plant Hospital for their professionalism and general good care, and consideration, they gave me during my "procedure" and after-care, but I think more people saw my winky yesterday then in the entire course of my life!
"I was in the POOL!  The water was COLD!
All turned out well.  Have a little plaque, but for a 30 year plus veteran smoker (with a penchant for fatty foods) It's better then expected.  So it will be diet and exercise (yay.) for me!
I thank everyone for their words of concern, and apologize to my Mom and Sister (got a call at 11.00 pm last night...my bad) for not filling y'all in.
Well the Doc told me that I needed to rest "and take it easy and relax" for a few days.
right.
I laid around in the hospital bed for 8 hours, that's enough time out of circulation for me.  Much to the chagrin of my caring and doting wife who insists that I stayed at home today and rested. 
Rested?  its Saturday...at OUR house!  The chance of sleeping past 8 am without being rudely awoken to the dulcet tones of Saturday Disney at full volume and the angelic sounds of "MINE!"  and "GET WAY" etc.
I think not.
So we're busy, in full force here banging out the goodies.  Actually it seems to have been a busy re-pair day as well.  So thanks to all for the kind patronage and trust!
And also thanks to all the folks that responded and commented on Smitty's plight.  Nice to know that many of you share our feelings of disgust for the blighters!  You will all be happy to know that we were able to hook him up with a new ride today.  Sadly though he would NOT let us donate it (but we gave him a ridiculously good price)  but in the end he's back on the road and that's what matters!
SO, y'all have a wonderful, sunny Saturday and hope to see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment