Search This Blog

Friday, October 1, 2010

A fresh start

Ever have one of those "if it can go wrong it will go wrong" days.  OY!  Had to be in early this morn', no prob!  Got the chittlans to school, had coffee with mama, then went t get dressed in the workin' togs only to find out with all the laundry I had done yesterday...FORGOT to do my own... had to dig through what I had and figure out which clothes were next in line to be sacrificed to the bike grease God, then grabbed my to-go mug and, pulling the ol' Schwinn out to the driveway hopped on to begin pedalling and...I do so rue the day , whenever that may have happened that Owen figured out what a crescent wrench was for, I also feel a twinge of self loathing that not only had I BROUGHT a crescent wrench home in my pocket last night, but that I had been STUPId enough to leave it on the hall table...and I did feel a slight twinge of curiosity when leaving the bathroom this morning prior to taking the children to school, why Owen was squatting down next to my bike in the hall looking...guilty.  But apparently he had not only discovered the nut that held the front derailleur on, but had figured out how to adjust the wrench so as to fit around said bolt and loosen and reposition said derailleur for as I said,  upon bounding on my bike standing up precariously balancing the to-go cup (with no lid)  and began to pedal...I went straight down WHAM instantly becoming QUITE intimate with the horn of my Cloud ( seat).  Well Now that my voice was irrevocably altered to three octaves higher then normal, I was showered by the (rather hot) coffee I HAD been balancing.  SO back in to locate ANOTHER set of clothes to be sacrificed, and adjusting my derailleur AND reclaiming my crescent wrench, I hobbled of to work.  Thought I'd just share that with you all.  If you've had such a morning as I we shall revel in our camaraderie

No comments:

Post a Comment