Search This Blog

Friday, October 15, 2010

A Perfect beginning!

As mamma and I sat on the lanai this morning having our coffee, conversation inevitably led to where it always land...work.  Mapping out what we need to tackle first.  Stock completion is obvious but we have special projects mounting, and need to get them finished.  The Western Flyer (53-58?) is in paint, as is the Takara.  And The Schwinn ladies and Townie Electra have to go out soon.  So that started me a thinkin', as much as I loathe to do it, I would have to order parts.  I have NO single speed rears, and am hurting for the necessary 26X1 3/8 5 speeds. So with that in mind I headed off to work.  Well when I arrived what do I find leaning against my door.  But an old Ross eurosport, and a Freespirit mountain bike.  And the Ross has a perfectly good set of 26 X 1 3/8's, Even the tires are like new!  So thank you to whomever brought us the wonderful blessing!
So now happy with this ray of sunshine i began my setting up for the day, and in the back of my mind I was thinking "OK, I have the Schwinn taken care of, now I just need to get a coaster brake rear end."  no sooner did these thoughts flutter through my brain, did a young couple come in to sell me... yep you guessed it A beach cruiser with not only a good alloy coaster brake, but a nice seat and a nice set a tires!  WOW!  Townie is now done.  Well before I was able to revel in my astounding luck, a lovely retired couple came in, she had been here before a couple of times looking for a ladies low step over bike.  Well, we had got in a butchered Huffy beach cruiser that was perfect other then the fact that it didn't have (you guessed it) a seat and cruiser tires (TA DA DUM DA!).  SO.. my luck as is always a pleasant side effect, had helped another soul!  She finally gets the bike she's been looking for!
God does work in mysterious ways.  And thanks to all his Angels that made it possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment