Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

It's .04 miles to home,got a full tank of gas, half a pack of ciggaretts, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.
 Twas a dark and Stormy night.  I sat in my darkened room, and the tenuous silence was shattered by the urgent rapping on my chamber door.  Rap, rap, rap....
How apri-Poe.
Seriously I'm rather ragged and when I get this way I get a tad bit silly. Sorry.
Well Just finished another "scratch Build" off a scrap frame. Nothing special but the bike has a weird name.  It's called the "Upland Hurricane Tornado" no joke.  I guess Hurricane wasn't manly enough so they threw in a Tornado to shake things up.  Oh well, we needed more bangers anyway.  Had many requests for the under $60.00 bangers and can't keep them in stock.
Today was fun (see last post. Came into the shop 'reound 4.00 pm. Would have been here earlier but Elijah wanted to walk his girlfriend home from school so had to hang out 'till he got back.  And left briefly to go home and sample my homemade beef stew I did up for dinner.  Hey colder weather is here!  That's when I do some of my best cooking.  Can't wait until the really colder weather hits 'cause that's when I do most of my baking (just to damn hot in the summer with the stove going).
Met some REAL nice folks today.  A wonderful couple came in today to buy bikes for their two sons (and I had to lecture them on NOT leaving their bikes outside, seems both of theirs got stolen) They'd spent all day visiting thrift stores and pawn shops but couldn't find anything under $40.00 and those we're,in their words "pieces of rusted junk" But they picked up the orange next bmx and the Next Power Surge BMX for $50.00 and we're thrilled (specially with the warranty and 50% buy-back policy)  Many re-pairs in today, and Jeremy handled 'em all like a champ.  And as I was working late a fine gentleman came in around 10 pm to put a deposit down on a Townie Electra we got sitting in the back, but saw the chopper we just put out and couldn't live without it! Oh and from yesterday, I forgot to mention a wonderful couple came in, they had bought a bike the day before from Angela, and wanted to say high and that they wanted to buy another bike, the Mongoose BMX we had.  Seems there a young man in their neighborhood who unfortunately is stricken with sickle cell, and due to his situation and the "wonderful" rules the Florida School Board has re-guarding the "2-mile radius" rules (if you live within two miles (radius) of your school they won't send a bus, so that shows you how concerned they are for our children safety!) has to walk 2 miles, one-way to and from school, so they wanted to buy him a nice bike to ride back and forth.  GOD BLESS YOU FINE FOLKS!!  I'm so happy they choose us to help!
Well, gotta get another bike on the rack and git back to work, so ya'll have a good night!
SOLD

No comments:

Post a Comment