Search This Blog

Sunday, October 10, 2010

all that AND a bag of po-Ta-toe chips!

Saturday was MAH-VELOUS!  So many awesome folks came out to enjoy the fabulous day, and made their trip here.  I SO love to hear such awesome stories (and glow at the wonderful compliments)  Several people informed me of their trek here from Lake land, Tampa, Lutz, Ohio (OK she probably came down here for reasons other then JUST us) and other exotic ports of call.  I so wish I had more in my show room to show them.  But we are picked clean (except for the ever present blue and orange custom cruiser, still haven't found that poor thing a home yet) and a few kids bikes (but even those are getting thin).  The two we put out Friday night, the Raleigh Pursuit road bike left (in haste) about.00001. nano-seconds after opening,  And we got a sweet (albeit in need of heavy work) 50cm Panasonic dx-2000 in trade!  The Huffy 3-speed, re-paint, re-furb lasted longer but it really already had a buyer as a wonderful gentleman whom had come in to visit the shop whilst I was working on it Friday, really liked it.  A soon to be retiree, he and his lovely bride are re-entering the bicycle community after a long absence and are going to try and go ALL THE WAY!  Yes, that means GET RID OF THE CAR!!!  Best of luck sir!  I salute you! 
So many folks yesterday!  While I'm thinking of it, I'll take a moment to send a special hello overseas to all our new readers in Argentina, Saudi Arabia, Brazil and Denmark.  Thank you all for showing an interest in our little goings-on!
Yesterday was a LONG day as well (not long in the "when will this day end" long but "there's not enough hours in the day to finish all we have to do!" day.  It was a re-pair-o-BONANZA!  16 er-pairs ranging from minor tweaks to full re-assemblies!  We worked until 2 am this morning as we hate to see anyone sitting idle waiting for the rides re-turn!  And oddly, only 1 special order, but that was a birthday present (for a young man TODAY!) and unfortunately I had no stock on the floor to offer, so we pulled something from "Bone-row" in the Dungeon and are whipping it up special like for him!  And I do so wish to thank all of you who were patient with us yesterday as at times folks had to wait their turn to be served (Are you being served?)  Not an ornery one in the bunch.  Thank you so much!  Angela did a wonderful job of crowd control!  Well I could go on, but the aforementioned birthday bike has to be finished, so I need to toddle off!  Be back later!

No comments:

Post a Comment