Search This Blog

Friday, October 8, 2010

Irish 1, Polish 0

Today was a WHIRLWIND of activity!  Don't know where to start!  The awesome couple who ordered the Schwinn Varsity rebuild, and the custom cruiser came in and picked up the Schwinn, she was in love!  He likes the progress on the chopper (however I have unfortunately NOT gotten as far on it as I'd hoped).
Sold the Coast King we put out. A desperate young gentleman (tall) crammed on a 20" huffy NEEDED I solid, big ride, and this one fit the bill.  The banger Bike the Tornado Hurricane whatever left today to a nice young man who wants it to keep at his mom's when he visits the area to explore the trail in comfort.  Met several folks looking to (YES POTENTIAL CONVERTS!) park the car and go under pedal power steam (YA!) so we're working our feverish fingers to the flayed flesh for future fanatics!  Nice couple came in for bikes, he's 99% there on the vintage Huffy I JUST finished (pic below) and picked out the old school Raleigh we've got sitting in the back that I've been DYING to bite into!  I hope she falls in love with it and I can take it out to breath new life into it!  Speaking of Vintage, 2 things: After 8 months of sitting untouched due to a depletion of Dungeon stock, and an inexplicable drop off in folks selling us bikes (hint,hint) we have finally (dum, dum, dahhhm) dipped into the "wow these need a LOT of work" stock that has been piling up in the garage!  The aforementioned Huffy is the first full re-furb to come out of there and Zombie-boy is working on a SWEET! Free Spirit Men's 10 speed that'll blow your mind!  Fire engine red, with LOADS of shiny chrome!  And had a wonderful woman come in today, I'd talked to several months ago about fixing up her old beach cruiser.  Well this is no ordinary beach cruiser!  It's a '49 Schwinn Panther Ladies bike!!!!.  It was sitting in a shed for 20 years, then moved outside for another 3.  Shes a WRECK!! BUT, as she stated she is living on a fixed income but really wants to get this thing ride able.  Well I couldn't let it go at just that! Not this machine!  So shes gonna buy the parts and materials and I'm gonna donate the time to get this beauty back to its hey day!
Will have before pics tomorrow!

Well as my wonderful wife just gave me a re-minder call that tonight is family movie night I best git my keister movin'


SOLD

SOLD
'Till tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment