Search This Blog

Saturday, October 2, 2010

What A Be-ooo-ti-ful day!

Lets be straight.  Have been a little off this past week as inexplicably after a busy weekend last week, business just kinda dropped off.  True for just about all the folks in the plaza.  And when your a "by-the-seat-of-your-pants" shop (such as us) it can get a little unnerving.  Oh that's not to say we didn't see many fine folks this past week, but just not what we are used to.  Keeping the folks rolling and all that.  So by last night was feeling blue.  But I'll tell ya I had to get my head on straight!  So closed up (relatively) on time and headed home.  It had been so busy the last couple months it had been a coons age since we had our traditional "Family Movie Night"  so determined to distance myself (at least briefly) from work, I dove headlong in re-connecting with the brood.  Funny how quickly and naturally you can slide back into the roll of simply, Daddy.  And upon doing so, quickly re-member why you do all you do.   Owen and I spent time staring at a spider web that had been created on a lamp on our lanai (couldn't find the spider though) Rozy read to me from her "Baby bear" book (when did she learn to read?) Izy was laughing and cutting up when I was feeding her, as Logan described (in great length) the complexities of "YU-GI-OH" As the night moved on we realized it was getting later and we hadn't even begun the movie.  So we took our snacks and plopped on the couch, and within seconds all four of the youngest were passed out.  All sharing one blanket I couldn't tell where 1 child ended and the other began, so prying them apart I carried each one to bed (Lord ah Go-shin there getting heavy, either that or I'm getting older and weaker) then, with the younger ones asleep, we ejected the family fare my wife had brought home and popped in the latest "Family Guy" re-lease and the older boys and I laughed our respective bums off (whilst mama tittered an occasional courtesy laugh)  Of course viewed the special features.  Then saying goodnight to the older boys (don't bother to put them to bed as on the weekends they'll just wait until mom and dad go to bed then turn on the video game anyway, so we don't waste our breath)  mom and dad slid into bed held each other tight and quickly faded off to sleep.
As I awoke this morning, fed and "kick and played" with Izy, then set her in front of the young ones fave cartoon collection "Little Monsters" went to the Lanai to have my coffee, and was greeted by a blissfully cool crisp morning.... ah the scent of fall wafting through the air.  In the relative peacefulness of the morn I realized that regardless of what life has to throw at me, its good every now and then to re-connect with whats "really" important!

No comments:

Post a Comment