Search This Blog

Monday, October 11, 2010

It's 10.45pm. Do you know where your bike mechanic is?

Well if hes dedicated to the craft (and 6 short of a bakers dozen) he's still hammerin' away on da bikes.
K.  I'm done for the night, finally.  We have been so (blessedly) hammered by re-pair orders I haven't wanted to leave. And tonight was a special deal.  A very NICE gentleman, Vic is helping out a friend, with needs.  His friend realize on his bike for his sole transportation, and unfortunately as we found out Sat, that his bike was in a bit of an accident, and toasted the front wheel.  Usually a quick fix $15.00 slip on a new front wheel, and he's back in business.  Nope.  His front's a disc brake and i have NO front discs right now.  And to order a new one is way from cost effective.  SO I just restrung his old hub (luckily not damaged) onto another wheel.  BUT as we go in order for re-pairs, he was about 4 away when Vic called today asking if there was anyway we could expedite it.  Tough call, every ones bike is important and we hate making anyone wait, so Zombie-boy and I pounded out the three before Vic, and as vics friend needed it tomorrow,I just hung late to finish.  And wouldn't ya know it...plauged by problems!  Missing my star driver for the rotor, 1 bad spoke and couldn't find another to match so had to cut one.  then when it was all back together, was oiling the chain and realized the rear derailleur had a bad spring.  So Vic no here patiently waiting for me to get my act together, said to just go ahead and replace it! OK..no...Had to find the right derailleur! And in the end (heh heh joke coming up...) Vic decided to buy his friend a nice big comfy seat as his narrow Next seat was a pain in the end (HAHAHAH!). 
Today was fun!  Had day duty at the house got it cleaned up after the parent less weekend (LORD!) I don't know what they were doing this weekend but I found a lawn flamingo in their bedroom...and we don't HAVE lawn flamingos! (I'm gonna hear from a neighbor I just know it!) Izy was a sweety.  we played for a while then took a walk to the store for dinner.  Course had to stop at the shop and say hi to momma (doin' a great job of keepin the fires burnin!) Then went home and cooked up some nice grub.  Then hit the road once the other chittlians made it home (took extra time this afternoon as Owen didn't have his meds this mornin (gonna hear from his teachers... I just know it!))
Once at the shop got right to work as Momma made SURE that she visited as many Twilight web sites as possible ( I kid because I care)  Had a Sweet couple come in today she is ULTRA excited about the '68 Schwinn Varsity we're building for her!  Hot Pink!  And he's the new proud owner of the Townie Electra I had hidden in the back.  They're gonna look sweet cruisin' on 'dem beauts!
Got to BUY today!!!  Few nice picks hope to have out within a couple days.  Nice BIG Pacific men's MTB, nice woman's old school Giant MTB, and a couple nice BMX'rs!  So keep vigil for them.  Yep, 'cause now the average floor time for a bike is down to 6 hours! (we're like real scientifical here!)
Many other swell folks came in and we're nice enough to let us help them keep there rides rollin, and we thank you!
As for me... I need a shower!  You all have a nice night now, ya' heah!

No comments:

Post a Comment