Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

YABBA-DABBA-DOO"WHAT?"

Like many neolithic knuckle-draggers, I am unashambably a fan of Seth Macfarlanes "Family Guy".  Since it's onset I thought it was a brilliant concept of unapologetic brashness.  Not only stepping over cultural taboos but thoroughly squashing them under it comedic heel!  My wife, bless her heart cannot understand the appeal, and quite frankly refuses to allow me to watch it when shes around.  Granted there have been a few moments when even my iron clad constitution was put to the test (Check; "Partial Terms Of  Endearment") But by and large, I am in gut splitting guffaws whenever I get my turn at the DVD player.
But the latest news I picked up on yesterday has me in a bit of a quandary.  Apparently in a joint venture between Fox and Hanah-Barbera, Seth has gotten the green light on a reboot of....The Flintstones.
I'm not to sure how I feel about that.  I know what limited tidbits I have seen regarding his using The Flintstones and the Rubbles in cutaway scenes in Family Guy as well as "Cavalcade of Comedy" (Where Seth REALLY obliterates ALL boundaries of good taste) and I feel trepidations in regards to his intentions.  Should the Flintstones just become Peter and Lois in animal skins I will be insulted.  (even though Peter and Lois are really just a modern version of Fred and Wilma) And as it is planned for a nighttime "Fox" time slot...well it's anybodies guess!  Now that's not to say that the original Flintstones didn't skate the edge from time to time...OH NO! Check out this subtle little jab at male genitalia that seemed to have escaped the sensors way back when.  And NO, this has not been doctored, It was how it was written and ran....
Not to mention that all that time ago, when people were convinced that smoking wasn't a bad thing, they would run cigarette commercial on TV....
Ahhhh, the innocence of the 60's.
Anyway, Seth whatever you do don't screw up an American Icon.
ANYWAY!
thanks for keeping me hopping with re-pairs yesterday!  Glad I could be of help!  And A shout out to Chip, for his paying his Monday visit and for cluing me in on a TV Show from WAY back in 1975 "When Things Were Rotten" A short run series (15 episodes) By Mel Brooks, Starring some of the alumni from "Get Smart" that takes place in Sherwood Forest.  Yep, I never new that Mel had done the whole "Men In Tights" things 20 odd years before!  I checked it out on You-Tube.  Yep, they have a couple there!  Check it out!
Now, i had better get busy!
Opps, almost forgot... Here's the male version of the Murray Condor I promised!
TEAL GREEN WITH BLACK SPOTS AND YELLOW CABLE HOUSINGS!
WHAT COULD BE MORE MANLY!
ONLY $70.00!!

No comments:

Post a Comment