Search This Blog

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Proof of Age

Well today was the day of the "stress test"!
What fun.
First, NO caffeine for 24 hours before the test!
ouch.
Well it wasn't all that bad.  It gave me an excuse to take out the motorized bike.  Now before you ball me out for not riding a traditional bike, I offer in defence:
1.  My bike is out of commission temporarily.  Ripped out several spoke in the rear wheel in an unfortunate trailer incident, and have not got around to fixing it.
2.  Were I to ride a bike I would have to had left at 7.30 to get there on time, and I am NOT a morning person.
And besides its fun to zip in and out of traffic, instead of waiting in line (heh,heh) AND I got to go up to the top of the parking garage at the hospital! WEE!
SO, being on time I QUICKLY walked past the coffee shop in the lobby (oh the aroma!) and sat dutifully waiting my turn.  First they check your vitals, then they put in a IV, then you wait.
Then they pump you with "radioactive material" (imagine my disappointment when the nurse regrettably informed me that I would neither be endowed with the ability to adhere to walls, nor would my skin turn green and my physique muscular when I became angry) Boohoo.
Then they put you in an open MRI in a VERY COLD room with your arms up for 15 minutes as this things passes over you.
Then you wait.
then they plug you with about a hundred electrodes and put you on a treadmill.  I should have worn my walking shoes.  That's the most exercise I've done in a year.  But I'm proud to say it took some time to get my heart rate up to 150.
then you wait.
then they put you back in the MRI for another 15 minutes.
remove and serve an a decorative serving tray.
But at least it wasn't a total loss.  While waiting and perusing the high quality "waiting room magazines" I discovered That Drew Carey has reinvented "Whose Line Is It Anyways" under the new tittle "improve A Looza" with ALL the original players!  Check it out online.  they do a bit with none other then Charlie Sheen!  Post Meltdown!
Upon arriving at work I was met with a plethora of re-pairs and phone calls from all walks of life!  very EXCITING!
Sold the Catapult without a blink and even got a (soon to be) SWEET Fuji Road bike in the deal!  look for that one tomorrow!  Also picked up a Ladies Schwinn hybrid, another ladies beach Cruiser and a couple more bangers! 
Sold the Schwinn Falcon (another one) to a delightful young man graduating from his training wheels who was QUITE smitten with the ride.  And yes Dad, we will find you one too.
Thanks Loads to our betstest buddy Chip for dropping off his latest creation an AWESOME catch phrase for home made t-shirts (check 'em out below, and me in mine!)  On SALE NOW!  for a paltry $5.00! (insert shameless plug here).
As mentioned the Ladies Schwinn, the Beach cruiser and the acid wash Murray went out today, all VERY nice rides!  Now all we have to do is get out more guys bikes.  A LITTLE thin in that department.  Would have had more done, but the re-pairs have been at an all time high this week (thanks EVER so much for that wondrous gift, folks!  Keep 'em coming!)
AND to make the day all complete upon returning home I was greated with the AWESOME treat of seein my baby Izzy...CRAWLING!  look out she's MOBILE!  Oh she is so DAMN cute!
So, as the night winds down, I'm packing it in to get some much needed R&R to be back at it again tomorrow!
Like Gangbusters!
LADIES BEACH CRUISER
$65.00

ACID WASH MURRAY
$55.00

SHE IS SO OUTTA HERE!





CHECK OUT THE IMPRESSIVE MANBOOBS

No comments:

Post a Comment