Search This Blog

Monday, April 25, 2011

Live imatates art! (Or. Fun and profit In Genetics!)

Without  a doubt the child that most emulates me has GOT to be my little princess Rozy!  She makes me SO proud day after day!  It's not just the sarcastic facial expression and the smart ass attitude.  Nor the Sardonic sense of humor or the straight forward brash manor of speech (you know, "to hell with what you think, here's MY opinion) But it is her wonderful almost artistic flare of manipulation!  Oh it makes an old man's heart flutter!
Example.  Yesterday, after a day of gorging on candy, we had the egg hunt after Mom and Elijah got back from the shop.  Little basket's in hand this wily bunch swoop onto the playing field and cleared it of eggs in about a minute.  Now mom insists on filling these things with goodies, so it was left to me to inform the children that these new goodies were for the following day as they had had enough!  Well, as with so many things these orders had to be repeated several times prior to Easter dinner.  I had them all put the baskets on the counter and instructed them that "THEY WERE NOT TO TOUCH THE BASKETS UNTIL TOMORROW"  And Dad had spoken.
Well after a sumptuous dinner of Ham, corn and potatoes, we sat around the table, mom and dad with coffee, yakkin' and cutting up with the kids.
Whilst out of the corner of my eye I noticed Rozy inching closer and closer to her basket, and with it behind her she CAREFULLY began to remove the remaining candy.  I let it play out, to see how far she'd go.  After  a few moments she had gathered up the majority of the candy into her shirt when I snapped around and said "what are you doing didn't I tell you not to touch the basket?!"
'To which she responded " You said "Don't touch the basket!" so I didn't!"
OH MAN!  She is already learning the art of Loopholes!  I am SO impressed!  Brings such a surge of pride!
Anyway.  I'm not going to dwell to long on the day, as it was quite quiet.  Although with the influx of stock, we spent the better part of the day reorganizing to make room, so at least it wasn't a wash.  needed to be done!  The GT BMX did go out to a nice young man and his wheeler dealer mom!  Always LOVE to haggle!  I'm sure tomorrow will be a busy one, as i know you are ALL dying to come by.
RIGHT?

2 comments:

  1. Hey I like your blog, your a funny dude.
    I love the vibe of your picture too, dunno why, but it looks like the cover album for a 1970's southern rock band.

    Do you guys still have that specialized bike? What size frame is that?
    please contact me at greg AT houseguys.org thanks!

    I could use some advice on picking a bike. I"m a big dude 6'2 and 300 lbs. I need a bike that I can ride 10 miles a day without feeling like I'm dying, I'm also prone to lower back pain, so yea, I'm trying to lose weight and get exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kind words, and i enjoyed our phone confab this afternoon. I'll keep an eye out for the bike for you!

    ReplyDelete