Search This Blog

Monday, April 18, 2011

Hurry, Hurry! We have so little to do, and so much time...scratch that, reverse it!"

Starting with yesterday first!
Terrific day....at the shop.  Sold the Fuji Road Bike in a BLINK shortly after opening, as well as the ladies cruiser.  That one went to his sister. And let me stop here just to say I was QUITE impressed with this family unit!  A Mom and two teenage kids brother and sister, both looking for bikes.  They were polite, courteous and appreciative of their mother, and us.  TEENAGERS?!?!  And when the tally came up we wheeled and dealed but the mom was afraid she might come up short, and what do the kids do?  Offer to dip into their pockets to help.
TEEN...A....GERS!!!!
They were quite happy with their buys, always HAPPY to help out folks like them!  Sold the White Road master and the little Orange BMX as well.  Did some horse trading on that deal as well.  Always GLAD to do that.  I like getting more goodies!
Yes I was at the shop briefly as I had to go to the Hardware store to get the material to start work on the tree house "Fortress of Solitude" 
Oh, don't ask me how much i spent on THAT!  LORDY...I had no IDEA lag bolts cost THAT much!
How did it go? you may ask?
It didn't.
Got all set up, All my tools in place, Materials in place, took my measurements went to load up my drill (the one I bought last week) to find out it was broken.
ARRGH!
Seems when SOMEONE (think coffee grinder...same kid) took out the bit in the key less chuck he over torqued it, and have the blisters on the palm of my hand from where I TRIED to get it off.
SOOOOO, I'll be back at it again later this week ( I think I'll take a day when I don't have so many HELPERS around) and try and get the frame up at least.
So I spent the remainder of the day (after the brief stint of colorful "Daddy" language) hanging with the kids, which is to say we hung for a little bit, then they watched their cartoons while I worked on getting my submissions ready for the syndicate!  Was going to mail it out today after I printed it out, but was reminded last night that I had to go to "truancy court" with (think coffee grinder)!
SOOOOO...That brings us to today!  Yes, Norma Jean....
A total of a 4 and a half hour commute for an 8 minute stint in court.
Let me say that again....we were there for 8 minutes.
As I had already pulled the Coffee Grinder Kid out of school and put him in Home School, they dismissed the case.
I'll say it again...they DIS_MISSED the CASE!
Like, you couldn't call us and say "Hey, no prob, no need to come in as we have DIS-MISSED the case!!!"
That's 5 hours I'll never get back!
The upside to the whole ordeal is not only did it give me ample time to dive into Chip Haynes book "Peak of the Devil" (a real entertaining and informative narrative, let me tell you!  If you want to know where we are heading...read this book.  Then go right out and buy a bike!) but while we were at Park street terminal I got a pleasant shock as the usually barren bike rack was FILLED to capacity and then some!  Seems aLOT  more folks are taking the bus/bike route!  Loving IT!
And i got to have a Black bean Burger for lunch.
Interesting.
So then we finally made it back to the shop, and a good thing too, as the re-pairs are flowing unabated!  Momma kept things rolling all the while with Izzy in tow (as well as the other 4 after school let out) and they got some goodies in as well!  The least of which is NOT a BEE-U-TI-FULL  August 1968 Schwinn Varsity, Men's!  I mean GORGEOUS!  And complete with the original dyno light kit and it WORKS!  Doing a full clean and mechanical restore and this one will be the bell of the ball!  I am SORELY tempted to keep it for myself!  But I can't be greedy, can I?
Sold the Men's Beach Cruiser we Picked up yesterday, as well as another one we had gotten later in the day today, needs work but she thinks her hubby will LOVE it!  Also got a nice (soon to be) tall boy road bike i hope to have on the rack in the AM!  Gonna work late tonight to get the Varsity done and some last minute re-pairs that came in after "closing" time (and I use that word loosely).
Well momma started her (subtle hint at me joining as well) Pilate's classes today next door at the salon, which she is very psyched about.  Yes I know, i should do SOMETHING to exercise, maybe some lifts (like out of the chair) which is what I'm gonna do now.  So y'all have a good night!
"LIKE NEW" 20" 7-SPEED
ONLY $55.00

"DAILY BANGER SPECIAL"
ONLY $45.00

RUGGID MENS MTB "LIKE NEW!"
ONLY $80.00


BEGINNER ROAD BIKE
ONLY $95.00!!!

"IT'S THE GREAT PUMPKIN CHARLIE BROWN!"
ONLY $30.00!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment