Search This Blog

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Note To Children:

It is NOT a good idea to make so much noise at 7 am on a Saturday as to wake Daddy!  Things become rather unpleasant after that.  Me, when I was young, I'd quietly sneak downstairs grab a heaping mixing bowl of whatever cereal was available pour in milk to capacity, and turn cartoons on at a very modest level, to the point of sitting a few inches away in hope that I WOULD NOT wake my folks, as they were more inclined to ADVISE me to "Go outside, It's a Gorgeous day, you need fresh air!" (parental translation:  "we are aware of the sugar levels you have absorbed.  Get outside. Now.") and I had NO desire to miss The Bugs Bunny Hour, herculoids or Schmoo!
So you';d think my kids would learn.
Nope.  I have to blame 24 hour access on several channels to cartoons.  Want to help parents out?  Regulate Cartoon Network to Only be available Saturday mornings from 7am 'till noon.  Then we'd have something to hold over their heads!  I mean could you imagine the power?  "Clean your room quick or your going to be stuck trying to entertain yourself with boring outdated nature shows, or local community programming!"  AHHHH, feel the power flowing through you!!!!
No, we have spoiled our natures youth with on demand entertainment.  All this technology and we use it to watch "animal Bloopers"  And the latest Lady Gaga twitter.  Sheesh!  I'll say it again, I'm waiting for the computer hacking genius that comes up with a virus that crashes the net.  Wouldn't that be keen?  People, white and pasty complexion,  trepidataouisly exiting their homes to interact....personally with those they once only texted!  You know...like family!
Yes...I am aware of the Irony of utilizing the Internet to make this statement.
ANYWAY,
Today is Saturday, and we have much on our plate!  Have a bevy of goodies we have accumulated over this week and EVEN THOUGH we have been met with an abnormally high amount of "throwing things across the room, frustration" but we are trying hard to persevere!  Ah the things we do to ensure safe, reliable really cherry rides!
But I digest.
I gotta get, as i am in need of more paint!  so hope to see you all today!
Just come in shifts, it's a small store!

No comments:

Post a Comment