Search This Blog

Friday, April 8, 2011

# 117 Of Why I hate Driving (or Happiness is a full showroom)

Ok, bear with me as it is after 10 pm in the evening (hence the PM) and Tonight marks the beginning of my NEW health regiment (not to worry I'm not in the shop for this but at home). Taking the good doctors advice (amongst other folks) a simple additive to a healthy diet to help blood circulation is a glass of red wine.  Here's the deal, I don't drink.  Oh I have an OCCASSIONAL glass of wine (about two a year) but thats it!  Well I have now had a full glass of a VERY STRONG cabernet, and I am a light weight!  I'll tell ya what! 
Woof, hust eish theu make the compuyer keys biggwr!
Oh I'm Okay I'm okay!
Seriously.
(PAUSE...the next morning)
Found myself regrettably behind the wheel of Jose's Truck today.  Had a Bulk buy come in but was a pick up.  Feeling magnanimous (as he was in the middle of two projects and didn't want to break his stride) I volunteered to go pick 'em up.  Well saying that his truck is Jerry-rigged is being generous.  But ever the adventurer at heart I Sally forthed!  Wish he had told me his gas gauge was broken (not to mention almost out of gas)  A fact that became all to apparent as I sat in bumper to bumper at the stop light of Belcher and Gulf to bay only to sputter to a stall.  Coaxing a tad more fumes I was able to get off into a parking lot BEHIND a gas station.  Thankfully he had a gas can in the back of the truck.  Unfortunately he has two tanks and a WELL hidden transfer switch.  And as fate would have it (keeping true to it's most Murphy-istic form) his phone was out of charge and his charger sat firmly in place in the truck (perfect).  Well the wisdom of my years finally kicked in and the solution made itself apparent, put a little gas in each tank and hope for the best.  Luckily it worked and i was triumphant in my retrieval of 5 more pretties for the shop.  Of course the three vintage need a LOT of work, but the 20" Schwinn Falcon is a real peach, LIKE NEW, and the MTB is as we speak stripped and on my rack, re-painted awaiting a re-build.
Jose' managed to put out three yesterday, two of which sold before they even made the sales floor, and the third a cool looking Peugeot MTB.  Don't get those anywhere near enough, complete with goofy plastic moto-cross fenders!
Also, raided the garage for just about all the kids bikes we have left in there, attempting to fill up the kids section again, as after Wednesday it was quite barren!
I put out a real sweet big boys MTB cross, several repairs and general running around mayhem!
Adam, part sorting aside, had the thankless task of going through the cluttered mass, AKA our garage to locate said kids bikes!
The MTB that jose' put out first went sight unseen to our Friend from Saint Pete who had the great fortune of calling just as it was going out and quickly came up to retrieve it.  Glad we could finally find you that "right one" sir!
And the second one went out to an astute gentleman who was looking for a companion bike for the one he bought Monday!  I love it when a plan comes together!
And not to mention (but I will) Thanks to our scrap man Terry, for dillagently searching out scrap lumber for me, as I intend on statrting constuction on a Swiss Family Robinson inspired tree fort for the kiddo's.  Need to give them somrthing to keep themselves occupied in the back yard!
Today looks to be just as busy as we once again have a full showroom (adult sizes at least) and an even fuller batting cage!
So hope to see y'all today!
BIG BOY MTB
ONLY $105.00

LIKE NEW BMX
ONLY $65.00

RE-FURBED PEUGEOT ORIGIN
ONLY $135.00

"SOMETIMES YOU JUST NEED SOME "ME" TIME"

No comments:

Post a Comment