Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

He Choose...poorly.

Ever have a bad sign that you ignore?  A foolish twinge of ego overriding your common sense?  What was that old saying " A sure sign of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results."
Welcome to my world.
I'll be the first to admit (only to beat all others who know me to the punchline) that I'm not always the sharpest tack in the box, And this latest bike was NO exception.  I should have known when it came in and the seat post was frozen in the stay, that i should have just written it off as scrap fodder and moved on.  But those GT Timberline frames are SEXY, and i just couldn't let it go.
Lord have mercy on my soul.
It was a problem each and EVERY step of the way!  I could list it all but suffice to say that all my accumulated knowledge of how to make the impossible work came into play, and in the end (two days) I was victorious!
 But not without a price.  I did the unthinkable.
Something so vile, so horrific, i shudder to think of the ramifications of my action, or should I say RE-actions...
I left the shop early!!!!
Yep, after completing the object of my obsession I (and all at the shop inflicted with my colorful language and temperament) I thought it in every ones best interest that i should take off a little early and chill.
NO ONE argued. (actually Angela INSISTED)
So I took the motorized the LONG way home and let the wind blow in my hair for a few moments before re-turning home (not a good idea to come home frustrated)
But other then that, it was a good day!
Sold the Raleigh to a very cultured gentleman with an eye for beauty, under the EXPLICIT instructions that should he tire of the bike he MUST sell it back to us, and that he make NO alterations to this FINE piece of bicycle history!
He readily agreed.  Saw many fine folks in looky looing, unfortunately didn't have much to show, unfortunately.  After last weeks repairs-a-plenty, we didn't have much time to do any building!  Getting back to it this week, though and should have a bevy of beauties for the weekend!
Also was blessed to be able to help a young lady who's previous bike was stolen get on a new one with the help of her church leader.  No worries, we cut her a SUPER deal (hey, I DO have to pay the mechanics) but she was happy, and had fun in the process.  Apparently the insanity of the place is infectious.  And who can resist Jose' running around pinching my but?  I know I CAN'T!
Speaking of Jose', he put out another "Banger" in the form of a nice older men's Mongoose MTB, and is working on a couple more (the aforementioned "littering" of projects) hopefully he'll dig up the necessary parts ASAP!
Well, I am tuckered out and am in search of chill time.  Below is the finished projects for today plus the newest installments of http://www.wartscomics.blogspot.com/ !
ENJOY!!

"DAILY BANGER SPECIAL"
ONLY $70.00

GT TIMBERLINE "FULLY RE-FURBED"
ONLY $115.00



No comments:

Post a Comment