Search This Blog

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Why Oh Why, Firefly?

I think I have proven that I am not necessarily HIP on the newer manifestation of modern Pop culture, so it should not be a surprise when i tell you that i did not become aware of the existence of the STELLAR Joss Wheadon, Fox aired masterpiece "FireFly" until a few YEARS after the release of Serenity.  I was working on a home remodel in Saint Pete back in '07, and helping to install a flat screen tv when the "lady" of the house, Wade (it's Saint Pete folks, get with the times) wanted to test it out and put in "Serenity".  Now I Love Sci-Fi (big shock, hunh?) but I had heard nothing about this, He gave me the rundown and that it was based on the Fox show.  Jump ahead a year my wife and I are poking around the Library and find the DVD of the series.  She rolled her eyes as if to say "ANOTHER sci-fi show".  But when we sat down to watch she became as engrossed as me.  Imagine my dismay when I realized that it was only aired for half a season.  Like SO many thought provoking, original, well cast, entertaining programs, it was given the AX!  I guess they had to make way for another mind numbing, brain dead reality show about somebodies Boobs or something.  Well fast forward to today, as I was opening up my home page on yahoo and in the little box to the right under "hot topics" or what have you was "FireFly"  OH color me Interested, i jumped on it. 
The Science Channel has acquired the rights to the cult-hit and will air the series in its short-lived entirety, plus some new extras. Science Channel will wrap each episode with interstitial segments starring renowned physicist Dr. Michio Kaku, who will discuss the theoretical science behind the show’s sci-fi concepts.
(ABOUT TIME)!!  So hopefully this may show SOMEONE with pull that this show has an audience and appeal!  Before the actors become to old to reclaim their roles!  Here's hoping!
So on to Work!  Jose' AL:READY has two more in the bag and working on # 3!  I will be moving my bulbous butt shortly there after to get a few done! 
Speaking of Butt's Check out this scene from "Firefly" (nice segue, Hunh?) Then rush out BUY the DVD compilation AND the Movie "Serenity!"

DUAL SHOCK AND SHIMANO EQUIPPED 21 SPEED
ONLY $95.00!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment