Search This Blog

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Sometimes I HATE being right!

I'll get to that in a moment.
Today (knock on wood) went much smoother then the last.  Kaleb is in Daddy Lock down!  For the remainder of the week he's here and not in school.  No point.  Next week I have to bite the bullet and get him in home school.  Obviously if there not going to strap his ass to a chair in school, I have to!
Interesting story brings me to the Way back Machine.  Back in junior High (in the dark ages) when I wasn't the model citizen I am today, I was, lets say....? Unruly.  And in Shop My teacher had warned me that if I didn't remain in my seat he would handcuff me to my heavy metal stool. I called his Bluff the next day.
It was NO bluff.  With a satisfied grin he reached in his desk drawer and produced a set of REAL handcuffs, and with the help of two other students holding me, handcuffed me to my stool.  And furthermore, he informed the office of this action and for the remainder of the day I had to lug that heavy steel stool around the school with me.  Have any IDEA how hard it is to square dance in gym...with a STOOL?!  Well, at least I had my own partner!  Now what was the outcome?  Well my mom did NOT threaten to sue the school, I didn't have CPS converging on the administration, Nor any Lawyers climbing out of a BMW's trunk threatening litigation, nor was the local news crew swarming over the building shouting about the "negligent, and hateful abuse of a poor innocent child.  Nope, what happened was a light realization in MY head that maybe I should sit my ass down in class and stop being such a (if you'll pardon the expression) DICKHEAD!
So my son shall NOW be learning the SAME lesson!
OK, I've beaten that horse, to death!
Swinging a different direction (hold on)
I'd like to give a special shout out to Rick Warner, from Warner Tree Service http://www.warnertreeservice.com/ !  I responded to an add he had on Craigslist for free stuff.  His company provides folks with organic wood chips, from tree clearing.  Instead of putting it in a landfill, he'll DELIVER it to you For FREE when he's working in your area, and he dropped off a load of it for us today, put it right where I asked, and I'll tell you this stuff smells GORGEOUS!!
check out his words describing what they do...

 "Reducing" and "Reusing" our waste for the betterment of the earth is a key element in the success of our service, but more importantly, a key factor in our happiness levels. Thank you in advance for your interest and help with this"

Awesome or what!  Folks THIS is the guy YOU want working on your trees from now on, OK?
And another special "shout out" to our new Landlord for bringing in that Honking BIG, NEW water tank.  My wife thanks you, I thank you!
NOW as far as work and the title of this little diddly "Sometimes I HATE being right!"
Earlier today we had a lovely young couple come in and check out the two Mongooses we had.  The DXR and GSX.  They really liked them, the look and the ride, but wanted to "Check Out" a few places.  I'll admit I get no small pleasure from a statement such as this as I know once they do...they come back.  Wide eyed from sticker shock realizing just HOW MUCH of a good deal we offer.  Well, I do always warn folks (at the risk of sounding like a high pressure used car salesman) that if you really like something HERE, GRAB IT!  'cause it probably won't be here when you come back.  They were VERY gracious and said thank you and left, saying if they were here in the morning they'd get them.
Hummm.  I do feel sorry, they did so like them.  But 10 minutes after they left a young gentleman who has been scoping the blog saw the DXR and jumped on it.  You have a good time hitting the trails with that one sir!  And about half an hour after that Wade, who holds the distinction of being our first ever customer came in and wheeled and dealed the GSX out from under me (don't worry...he was gentle) with the aid of his lovely wife and Mackey the cutest friendliest little Pug you'd ever want to see.  My kids LOVE HIM!
So folks the moral of the story is "Never second guess that little voice in the back of your head"
I know I never do.....

Just one More...
Our newest (and first in what I'm sure will be a long line of Pop Culture Parodies) strip!!

No comments:

Post a Comment