Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

My Computer Got The Flu!

Or is it called the Bug?  Or Salmonella?
ANYwhat, it got sick, briefly and I got rather...ill tempered!
Have you folks seen these things.  When you our skiing (or is it surfing) the web and this thing flashes "your computer is infected!!!  ACT NOW!!!  I though it was a genuine warning, what do I know, so I clicked on the little thingy that says it will scan for viruses.  I mean what?  Is my computer a sailor?  Has it been sleeping around with loose toaster ovens or something?  Will penicillin clear up the unsightly rash?
OK I digress. 
But it was DAMN inconvenient!  Took like an hour for it to be it's old slow moving self again!  Do people have nothing better to do then screw with my PC?
Well, aside from that brief mid afternoon tryst, today went rather seamlessly.  Got ALOT done!
Unfortunately none of what I got done was building more bikes!  But hey, that's OK!  Got alot accomplished for the new house.  Had the landlord in to button up some of the things that need attention, got some of the furnishings we needed delivered.  And I spoiled myself.  Granted I did mention earlier that we did have an excessive amount of TVS, but none of them was a wide screen LCD.
Yep.  I broke down.  Our only true form of family entertainment is movie night so seeing as we got the tax return, and we paid ALL of our bills (OUCH, I hate paying bills) I splurged on a 60 inch.
I know, I know!  How frivolous of me!  But I REALLY want to watch my Star Trek collection in surround sound.  I mean when Praxus blows up in Star Trek 5?  WOOF!  you can feel it in your sternum!
Hey, I do very little for myself, I am a man of simple pleasures.
BUT, I did manage to get the shop re-organized...YET AGAIN, and in doing so came to a conclusion.  And that conclusion is...I don't want to have to keep doing that!  SO, I put an add in for a shop bit...I mean shop "help".  Someone to simply clean, organize, and prep parts.  So all Zombie-Boy and I have to do is make bikes!  And keep making bikes.  Speaking of bikes...
Ya ll obviously were listening, and realized that today was not a holiday and came into visit!
The Gorgeous 3speed men's cruiser left out of here with a real aficionado!  He already has 6 bikes but couldn't pass up this BEAUTY, and to top it off GAVE us a real sweet (to be) Old School Murray cruiser that his dad rode (rest his soul) and wants us to breath new life into her.  NO PROBLEM!  this one is a real sweety!
The Mongoose "Outer limits" went to a very wise Dad for his BMX'er son to ride to school.  Seems his boy does motocross and was looking rather hungrily at the SWEET Haro custom we have, but wisely took my advice and bought the less expensive (and therefore LESS tempting to would be bike-jackers) Mongoose.  I'm sure his son will love it!
The Classic looking single speed Ross ladies cruiser (minus the wheel set) sold to a young man looking to build it up for his girlfriend, and traded in a (soon to be) GORGEOUS '68 Old School Chicago Schwinn Ladies 10 speed!  Oh Zombie-Boy has already dug his greasy little eager hands into that one!
And a few minutes later the Vintage Ross ladies 3-speed left as well, to a lovely young woman who was "Just going to ride it out"  Happy trails young Lass!
And After working on the Redneck 3-Wheeler, Jay put the finishing touches on the Columbia ATB (pic below).  Yes folks, if you know nothing about us, just know that we have a soft spot in our hearts (not the soft spot in our heads) for Ugly stepchildren!  This was a scrap buy I ALMOST passed up, but Zombie-boy fell in love with it!  And he did SO treat it right!
So Tomorrow we should have us a new inmate in the asylum as I don't want to wait forever to hire help!  I'm sure whoever we find will have much to debase here, for you reading pleasure.
Seriously.  Would a SANE person work here?
Its a mutt, but it's SOLID!
Our first Vintage "Daily Banger!"
ONLY $70.00!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment