Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Caution: The Following Contains A Highly Volitile Rant!

As I say, the times they are a changing!
As so often on these pages I lament (and whine) about the state of parental rights and childhood behaviors and the utter feeling of powerlessness us parents feel, verging on the precipice of despair, I try and maintain a strong (sometimes overbearing) Patriarchal position within my family.  I do not want to give the impression to MY children that the behaviors of some of their piers will be tolerated!  UNFORTUNATELY some people within our society make that stance QUITE difficult!  As I'm sure you are well aware (if you've been following this blog) that my wife and I have been having difficulty with our 13 year old, and he has in fact been removed from school and placed within Daddy Day Camp!
Well today being the first day, TRULY tested my resolve.
I'll back up briefly.  Today was Mommas spa day (and by the way her hair looks SO SEXY with the awesome red and gold highlights RAWR, RAWR!).  And as always when Momma is out of touch, everything inevitably falls apart!  My High school er was SUPPOSED to pick up the elementary kids from school after reporting to the shop.  He no-showed.  in his defence he was helping a friend on the way home fix his bike, but instead of calling ME to give me a heads up, he TEXT his mom, who's phone had run out of charge.  So here, with Kaleb and Izy and NO help (mechanics, OF COURSE...MIA) and Not knowing about Elijah's side trip, I had to RELUCTANTLY send Kaleb to get the young ones (not enough time to break down and close up shop and get them myself at this point) with the caveat that he be back here, WITH THEM in the proper time! 
Well the proper time came and went by 30 minutes and I was freaking out.  THEN Elijah walks in to get Izy as if nothing is amiss!
"Where's Kaleb?"
"he's at the house"
"Send him right back!"
45 minutes later (remember we live half a block away) At this point, a little after 4 pm, Jose comes in.  So I, now seething, race to the house to find...
"Kaleb left ten minutes ago" Back to the shop, not there, back to the house, see him strolling up the street from the bottom of the hill.  NOT where he was supposed to be.
OK, I lost it and when i loose it, I'm a yeller!  And as my wife is fond of reminding me, I'm not the most...tactful person.
3 police cars later...
OH yes.
After beginning my Verbal Tirade about responsibility, and accountability and being where I know he is AT ALL TIMES I removed him from the driveway by the scruff of his shirt, unfortunately in the process tripped on the 3 in lip on our threshold and we both flopped into the door.
Now folks I appreciate the concerned some may show for the welfare of children, but perhaps you should now the facts first!
As we are back at the shop and working once again in walks officer number 1, then car 2 and 3 pull up!  OY!!
BUT!  I will say to the officer credit he did his job.  And he did it with a clear, uncluttered straight thinking mind!  I explained the occurrence and what we have been going through with Kaleb, and the fact that he was arrested last week, to which he responded
 "oh HE"S your son?"
GREAT!  As I said yesterday (haunted by my own words) is nice to know you are known!
Realizing what was the facts, he said that "even though it's his job to investigate every busy bodies and crackpot claims, all he saw was a concerned parent taking responsibility for their child, and doing his job as a parent. An all to RARE occurrence!"
AMEN!
And after a brief inspection of Kaleb's body, he stated that "we're done here"  And that was that!
I do so LOVE that there are at least SOME rational people left in this world!  It does help to unburden my heart. 
I'm sure I'll have more to say on the remainder of the day later.  This was just one of those "aftermath" get it off my chest so i can work things!

No comments:

Post a Comment