Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

No...Seriously Honey! I Wasn't Smacking YOU!

OY!
You know you're a frazzled parent when you DREAM about your kids misbehaving!  Either that, or I watched Epic one too many times! 
After yesterday (get to that in a mo) I was sore, tired and mildly frustrated.   After chilling a wee bit with Angi and an assortment of behaved children I crawled into bed and passed out,  Early.  It was unfortunately NOT a restful sleep.  Now they say that you only dream for, like, the last 90 seconds before you wake up, but  honestly I think it was all night for me!  At some point just before coming too though, I dreamt that Angi, I and the kids had been shrunk to the size of crickets and were trying to survive in the forest.  Angi fashioned some kind of protective head gear from pine cone thistles, and at one point Owen took Izzy'z from her, so I reached over and cuffed him, but in actuality I was smacking Angi awake!  Obviously NOT a pleasant way for her to be woken up!  Oh yes, I KNOW I'm gonna have to do some major "sorrying" for that one later!
Well, yesterday was another milestone as Kaleb hit 16!  He celebrated with some birthday money and freedom for he and his older brother to hit the road and do some exploring!  And seeing as neither the PD nor EMS was involved, it turn out to be a good night!
Also, another high point yesterday was the fact that Elijah got a call back on an interview he went to last week!  YAY!  And I envy the boy.  The company he applied to does ceiling restoration world wide, so if he gets the position he will be traveling around the country and possibly abroad doing contract work!  A young man, earning money, seeing different places, no responsibilities other then himself with someone else footing his living expenses?!  I feel very happy for him! 
yea...and a little envious!
ANYWAY!
Back to reality!
As I was saying, yesterday,  taxing.  When I got in here in the morning I noticed a wee bit of a funky smell to the shop.  Annoyed, I started cleaning to find the source.  After sometime finally found the cause, leftover lunch from the last time the kids ate here that they left in the back room plus an Izzy diaper that no one bothered to throw away!  EYUCH!  So, a couple cans of air freshener later, I think I got it beat! 
Thanks to the few folks that did visit yesterday and the trust they placed in us with their repairs!  One was a real bear in the way of a brand new three wheeler a gent bought online that came in damaged.  Of course it was a dilemma with the rear end, due to poor packaging!   But he's as right as rain now and hopefully out enjoying it as we speak!  And talk about creative Chinese "Knock Off" marketing!  The bike is called a "Glint" but done in the exact same font as a "Giant"!  Seeing as the way the mind works, several people coming into the shop and seeing it here commented on what a beautiful "Giant" it was! Very, very clever!
Managed to get out one new re-build yesterday, as this one took some time to rebuild.  But I thought it was kind of unique as it is a "Coleman" MTB!  Yea, as in "Coleman" camping gear!  Very smart cross promotion! 
Today have a couple more goodies to work on, but you folks need to come down and take advantage of the abundance we have created for your perusal! 
So, with that bug in your ear, see ya soon!

COLEMAN 21 SPEED MTB!!
ONLY $85.00!!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, man- I want a pair of this disco wheel strobes like you have on that Coleman!

    And if I were to guess at your new headliner, it would be just that: A guess. Logan? Or Owen? I'm going with Logan, no idea why. It is good to see the boys get some face time, though.

    And tell Kaleb Unlce Chippie says Happy Birthday, kid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CLOSE! That little guy is Owen. The devious little Spartan Warrior. Don't let his diminutive stature fool you! He's deadly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude, I've met them all. Deadly? Together they will RULE THE WORLD!

    BWA-HA-HA-HA-HAAAA!!!!

    ReplyDelete