Search This Blog

Sunday, October 27, 2013

....FerSNorgAfeh!?......Hunh.....whozzat?

The only downside to sleeping with your cellphone next to your bed, plugged into recharge and utilizing it for an alarm clock, is every alert tone and phone call is set to a volume akin to a factory steam whistle!  Now, I grant you, phone calls to my phone equate to business and business is a GOOD thing!  It's when you have been up most of the night and FINALLY get to sleep around 5 am that an 8.30 am call can be troublesome.  It's not that we don't welcome the interest in our shop, but have you ever tried to sound chipper and professional when you just woke up?  No, my morning voice sounds like a heavy rake slowly being dragged across a bed of gravel, as heard through a cup of heavily viscous liquid! 
See, here's the skinny.
There is only one problem with having an ultra large flat screen TV, with full Dolby surround sound, and a vicious sub woofer wired up to an open concept living room:  If Mom and Dad are sitting down to watch a major action movie, like...say... Pacific Rim, with HD sound and it's 11.00 o'clock at night when you START the movie?  You have to be REAL careful just how high you set the volume!  For those who don't know the movie (and shame on you if you haven't seen it!) It's a modern day Giant Monster/Giant Robot flick!  Think Godzilla vs. Meca Godzilla, only REALLY, REALLY, REAL-istic!  SO, about half way through the flick there's a conversation going on between two characters, while on the other end of town a major battle is going on between the robots (good guys) and Monsters.  They do the whole jump to the dialogue thing, and I tweak the volume up so we can hear what they are saying (Angi didn't get to see it in the theatre) and I have to go from 14 to 22 on the setting,  then...WHAM!  They switch quickly back to the fight scene RIGHT when the really BIG monster ROARS!  Quickly I hit pause and we wait.  Didn't have to wait more then a millisecond to hear screams then crying emanating from the girls room (Good going dad!) Angi and I rushed in to find all the girls bolt up in various stages of panic.  Izzy was obviously the first to wake, then Rozy, next to her, sleepy eyed, had a look of "What THE...?!  And Miranda standing upright, crying with hands outstretched begging to be picked up and comforted.  (I felt like a COMPLETE cruel jack ass at this point) Worse of all, after Angi quickly scooped up Miranda and held her tightly cooing,  I stepped to Izzy and grabbed her up to find that the sudden, scary, abrupt sound had unfortunately made her wet the bed!  Yes folks, I was ALL shades of self loathing at this point!  The gambit of diapers, clothes and bedding changes done and Rozy being assured everything was OK and yes she COULD go back to sleep, we instinctively knew there would be no getting the babies back to sleep.  Of course, the Butterfly Effect kicked in, "If a child cries in one bedroom all other children awake in stages".  All boys, not already awake, came out to see what the noise was all about.  And of course, as is always the case in situations like this (not the whole loud movie thing, first time for that) no one really gets settle back in for a couple hours.  Eventually the girls settled down and were back to sleep...about four hours later.
WOOF.
So, to make a long story short (TOO LATE!) we had not opted for an 8.30 wake up call.  Tried real hard to go back to sleep, but by this point the little guys were already awake and making a ruckus, so I dragged my bulk from bed and started my day.
yip.....ee.
ANYWHO!
It is another B....E....A....Yootiful day outside!  Already sent the cute little Dyno home with a VERY excited young man and have folks coming from as far away as Wesley Chapel and Plant City to look at other goodies.  Have high hopes I'll be able to muster then energy to get a couple more built today (here's hoping).  We did manage to put out another sweet looking BMX yesterday.  This one another classic, a GT! 
SO!
We look forward to seeing everyone today!
PEACE!

CLASSIC GT BMX!
ONLY $90.00!!

1 comment:

  1. Here ya go:

    http://www.turnoffyourtv.com/

    I'd say "You're welcome", but I know that telling you to turn off your tv is something akin to telling me to take up professional basketball. Not bloody likely. Still, I would be remiss in my weird uncleness if I did not at least try. So let me try this:

    I DARE YOU TO TURN OFF YOUR TV.

    I TRIPLE DOG DARE YOU TO LEAVE IT OFF FOR A WEEK.

    There ya go. Now can someone help me down off this soap box? Seems a bit high. Were they always this high? Hey, I can see my house from here!

    ReplyDelete