Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

I Hab a cobd id by dose......

OY.
After a long summer I sometimes forget that the change of seasons will eventually come.  Not that there is any DRASTIC change in Florida's weather but it is apparent enough to bring with it the misfortunes of allergies!  Yes, sadly as has been my lament since a very young age, each time the seasons hit I go through a short bought of flu like symptoms!  JOY!  And I ALWAYS forget to prepare for it with vitamins and the like.  Bless my wife for having them at the ready!  She, at least, keeps track of these things!  Trust me, I'd be LOST without her! 
Well, to save me from stewing in my own sickly juices, many a folk deemed yesterday as a good day to take their bikes out of mothballs, take advantage of our 10% off service special and bring down a total of eleven rides for a spit and polishing!  Also, one such wonderful lady, while dropping off her Schwinn for a handle bar replacement and tune up, ended up falling for the "ridable" three wheeler project bike we had just got in, and went home with that one as well!  Had many a looky loo as well!  One such couple, passing through Florida on their way to Mexico (mistakenly thinking they were, in fact, in Tampa) wanted to surprise their grandson with a new bike.  They hemmed and hawed over several choices and ending up settling on the simple coaster brake rear 20" we had.  ALSO! We are one step closer to FINALLY being able to take credit cards!  Yes folks, for YOU our loyal customers (who inevitably FIRST reach for a card at the register) we have been working diligently trying to rectify this!  Going against our grain, Angi opened an account with *shudder* A BANK!  We then only had to field a multitude of annoying telemarketer calls until we were contacted by a representative who didn't talk like he was reading from a script!  Actually (and anyone looking to get into sales should consider this tried and true method apparently LOST on modern day techno-sales) he came into the shop about three weeks ago!  Yes!  A REAL person, REAL contact!  Putting a face to a voice, one on one!  Mano e Mano!!  Canvasing the area, he simply brought in a letter, handed it to me and stated, should I need his services to give him a call.  It left an impression.  Truth be told, that is exactly how our current bank won me over.  Two of their representative account exec's also do canvasing (although I due have a tendency to become nervous when first approached by someone in a suit, with a name badge on a chain, carrying a clipboard!)  But they were very genuine and sincere and did ALL the leg work for us to open the account at Wells Fargo.  Even so far as to go to our house to have Angi sign all the paperwork and start the account, delivering her temp checks and a bank card!  Now THAT'S SERVICE!!! Something MANY industries have forgotten.  BUT!  I'm telling you, the impersonal world we have been forced to exist in for sometime (and I'll remind you I predicted this a few years ago) is imploding!  I see more and more that businesses are slowly coming to realize they are better off reconnecting with their customers and communities on a more grass roots level.  Me, I realized the necessity of getting the cards in here, but had it not been for them coming to me, and showing me that personal, un-pitch like personal service void of platitudes and brown nosing, just straight honest talk between folk, I would have probably just gone with whichever bank was closest to us and whichever card processor the bank recommended.  Even if I have to spend a few more bucks, it wouldn't matter, it's that kind of personal service that makes it MORE then worth it! 
'Cause that's how WE are!  Ever notice, if you call us on the phone, you get a person NOT a machine, with a prerecorded message hocking the latest in sports apparel and 10 gazillion dollar bikes?  That you're NOT transferred through three dazed and confused employees until you reach the person that CAN answer your question?  THAT'S called service!
ANYWHO!
Also managed to get in a few choice goodies as well yesterday!  Oh Joy of JOYS!  Will be working feverishly to get them up and running today, as yes, like the good little bike jockey's we are, got ALL the service done before close last night!
Yea...we're THAT good!
(OUCH!  Through out my arm trying to pat myself on the back!)
So without further delay (and I've finished my coffee) popping in a copy of MST3K and getting at it!
See ya soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment