Search This Blog

Friday, October 25, 2013

AH, Be Still My Churning Stomach!

Yea, better late then never!
Today is a cluster fudge! 
As with all things, the cosmos has a poor sense of timing!  Today the kiddos have off from school.  And as it happens, Angela has started her new job today.  She's doing a Holiday design and decorating gig with our good friend Daniel (another friend discovered through RE-Cycle) and was up late last night sewing and gluing ghosts with him out of pillow cases.  Add to that my OWN personal frustration as I had to pay a visit to the Largo State Tax Office.  I won't go into the tumultuous details on that, but suffice to say some VERY important paperwork that I have sent them TWICE had been either misfield by them, or sent to the incorrect office.  At the point yesterday when I got a nasty letter saying that they had not received it, YET AGAIN, I informed them that I would be on a bus in the early am to deliver it IN PERSON today!  Once again having to rise at the ungodly hour of 6 am, I was there, at their door as they opened.  BUT STILL had to wait in the front office for 35 minuets!  They just FREAKIN' opened!  How could they be THAT busy!?
ANYWAY.
I am thankful that the agent I have been talking with, Alfred, has been supportive through all this.  Apparently he is sympathetic to the effect the bureaucratic labyrinth has on us poor commoners. 
Then, as I had missed the earlier bus back, I bit my monetary tongue and opted to call a cab, as Kaleb was sent in this morning to open the shop.  I weep for the disasters that may occur given my extended absence.  As it turns out, the cab I called apparently forgot about me, as after a half hour and the approaching bus would soon be there, I headed for the stop.  Then 15 minuets into my return trip the cab company called to find out where I was!
FOR THE LOVE OF.....
Sorry, but I would have been out of business LONG ago if I treated my clientele like them!
But now I am here, have cleaned up Kaleb' mess and am taking a moment to VENT before getting to work!
Surprise, surprise!  NO extended movie review today!
As Angi was busy stitching up ghosts last night there was no new flick.  Instead, given the day I had dealing with administrative malaise, I wanted to put in a real "Feel Good" movie (although I lingered briefly over our collection in the "Kill Everything That Moves" section) and ended up with "Ever After".  If you have never seen it, give it a watch.  A very sweet and entertaining retelling of the Cinderella story.  Only this one is realistic!  No quivering, helpless, two dimensional stereotypical maiden who needs a big strong man to save her.  No, Drew Barrymore (LOVE HER!) plays the title role with strength, intelligence and gumption more befitting a woman of that time period.  Let's face it, just how long could a helpless anyone survive during that historical period?  I'm pretty sure the women of that time, even royals, could probably kick any of the tough girls butt's today!
ALLRIGHTY-ROO!
It is an absolutely GORGEOUS day out there today!  Yesterday, folks were obviously in the right frame of mind as we sold...well...I lost count!  But it was BUSY!  And a special shout out to all our new friends coming from "Patch.com" (yes, FINALLY got that site to work!) they alone picked up three new rides! 
So with that, I gotta git to work on some new goodies!  See y'all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment