Search This Blog

Saturday, October 12, 2013

PEEK-A-BOO! I SEE You!

WELL!  There you are! 
YEP!  The pleasant weather has shed more and more of folks summer AC cocoons and they were on the move!  Sold three new rides yesterday (gratefully so as they were beginning to form something unfamiliar on most bikes around here. AHHH! DUST!) Actually found myself motivated to start building again!  Yes, I do fall into slumps where puttering loses it's appeal and I end up playing WAY to much Online Dominoes!  (but you can't blame me there!  I LOVE Dominoes and there ain't a game of that to be found in real life, ANYWHERE!) Also got in MANY repairs yesterday, as well! Thanks to all for your support and trust, especially the gent who brought in one, realized just how CHEAP it was to have a repair done here, and taking advantage of this month's 10% off repair special,  jetted home and grabbed three more!  Also, same scenario, another gent brought in two for tube repairs and minor adjustments, was shocked and pleased at the price, so he went home and grabbed one more.  We simply ADORE that kind of response!  Good to know we are doing the right thing!
We have one in the rack,  a sweet looking little 24" dual shock MTB.  Also got two more goodies in trade yesterday.  One is a borderline "not-sure-if-we-are-going-to-rebuild" cruiser and another classic BCA diamond frame big boy cruiser, that is definitely next up! 
On the home front.
OY!
Lets just say, I could do with a little less of the horn locking, ire rising, nerve testing civil war between Mother and Son.  In her defense, what she is looking for does not burst through the barrier of acceptability.  Respect, common courtesy and full discloser.  Not to mention boundaries.  On the other end of the spectrum; young man, first time out in the world, paycheck under his belt and the promise of a future for himself,  has succumb to the traditional "verge of adulthood" disregard for anyone with a differing opinion of what is appropriate.  With a twinge of dismissive "you have no idea what you're saying, stop bothering me" attitude. 
Oh yes.  After a disastrous execution of an evenings plans, brought upon by the simple fact that neither of the elder son's could perform a few simple tasks (which of course had been explain to them both verbally AND in writing) to ensure that "Movie Night" got started early enough.  This of course resulted in an even later starting time, as I had to forgo my evening clean up to go to the store myself, ensuring the proper items were secured.  Not that I have a problem doing this but had they done it, we wouldn't have been sitting down to the film at 10.30!  Which presents its OWN problems, as little ones start to cranky, and the ensuing conflicts over real estate on the couches verges on the unbearable!  Not to mention the perpetual "stop touching me!" debates!  The only saving grace is, when Izzy gets tired she gets to her more cuddly stage, and likes to lay on Daddy! 
Of course, after my bath, I was met with the "Lockhorns" and had to do a "Men Talk" with Elijah, attempting to reinforce that which I had already "Stump Speached" on earlier in the day.  Apparently my words are akin to a standard 9mm round attempting to penetrate a tri-weaved, Kevlar reinforced sheet of 8 inch steel! 
THUD!
Then, once the movie was done, and all little kiddo's either marched or were carried off to bed, I sat with Angi as she "downloaded".  This devolved into the customary discussion of "When I was a kid...", and in all fairness, it's a conversation we both have input into.  The final summation of which, by me, was (as it most often is) that we are kidding ourselves into thinking that these children will ever be mirror's of ourselves.  No, in that respect they only seem to garnish some of each of our more annoying traits.  Oddly enough, for the most part, at least according to many folks we know, our children feel compelled to only share those peccadillo's with us.  By others they are referred to as "well behaved, well mannered children" 
???
Somewhere along the line they got hold of Dr Jekyll's elixir!  That's the only conclusion I can come up with! 
So, anyway, the party broke up around 2 am and we hit the sheets.  Exhausted and drained of fortitude.
Wash.
Rinse.
Repeat.
BUT, at least I awoke to a relatively chaos free morning, the boys awoke with only a modicum of grousing, and I was met with a cloud free sky, slight little nip in the fresh air and a song in my heart complete with a little animated robin bouncing on my shoulder to the tune of "Zipadee-doo-da",,,
Too much?
Sorry.
Look forward to seeing y'all today!
 But come in stages. 
It's not a big shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment