Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

To Woo, Or Not To Woo...

All right.  It's official.  I am REALLY fed up with Florida weather!
Have I said that before?  The reason I keep repeating myself is a long ingrained, fundamentally religious belief that God sees all!  he knows what you are doing, he knows what you are thinking.  So with that belief in mind, it is only logical to believe that he reads our Blog!  And perhaps, if I continue to say it, he may eventually see fit to take pity on us and cease the waterworks! 
I KNOW the Earth needs the rain, blah, blah, blah.....flowers....blah, blah, blah....trees.  But ENOUGH already!!
See, the trouble is, after SO many days of daily monsoons even the slightest HINT of clouds in the sky sends folks around here scrambling for shelter.  Not to mention the oppressive humidity that follows those short 15 minute bursts of mid morning rain, such as yesterday!  It's enough to scrap the whole day!  As stated, such was the case yesterday.  Had a few diehards in, between rain fall and looming cloud banks, but other then that, dead! 
Thankfully, today and for the next few days seem to promise only cloudy with little chance of rain, so my hopes are high!
SO, unfortunately I don't have any delightfully light banter to share with you today, sad to say.  Just gonna git to work on an old school single speed Free Spirit and then see which way the wind carries me!
See ya SOON!

MEN'S DUAL SHOCK MTB
ONLY $75.00!!

SAH-WEEEET MEN'S 26" CRUISER
ONLY $75.00!!!!

7 comments:

  1. So I got all ambitious this morning and made a great big loop on my bicycle: Out to Safety Harbor, back through Dunedin and then home, south of Clearwater. About 25 miles. A good ride for me. But I did it THIS MORNING. In the heat and humidty. So then I go and take a nap, and now IT'S COOL? Geez, Louise, where was this earlier??

    The good news: Tomorrow's ride is gonna ROCK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I clicked on "Cool" above, to help you all out with the weather. lol =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. John- "Cool" is a VERY relative term, I assure you. Around here, "cool" is anything under 90 degrees. 89 is considered invigorating fall-like weather.

    Anything under 60 is bitter cold, and completely uncalled for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I envy your ride time, Chippie. That may be the only regret having little downtime with so many little responsibilities running around, I just don't get any time to really RIDE!. As far as tempreture relativity? Cut open a Floridian, and their blood is comprised primarily of an almost vapor thin water substance. We recoil at the very sight of mercury dipping below the 78 degree mark. And OH don't get me started about rain! It's akin to the recoiling shock of Dorothy's witch whenever a Floridian see even the slightest precipitation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, I've got orange juice fer blood. No doubt about it. As for my ride time, I've found something interesting: To really enjoy the ride, I MUST have a destination. If I just go out, as I did this morning, to simply "ride my bike", with no route or destinatrion in mind, the ride does not go well. I find myself rudderless and the ride useless. I need a place to go, whether it's just down to the beach (JUST?) or over to check out the latest cool offerings at Re-Cycle.

    More often than not, the ride to Re-Cycle wins that coin toss.

    ReplyDelete
  6. AW SHUCKS! Now yer jus' embarassin' me! Seriously though, your visits represent some of the more uplifting moments of my day! As far as the 'destination theory", I agree, with on caveat, one should alwys allow a certain level of fleibilty, in lieu of exploration, curiosity, and a certai level of meandering. Because after all, isn't that a big part of the joy of cycling?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, ok, sometimes I don't quite go in a straight line from Point A to Point B, but without a Point B, the line tends to sort of fade out right quick like.

    I rode up the coast today, and changed my planned route several times due to road construction in Belleair, a movie being filmed on the waterfront in downtown Clearwater, and the coastal trail in Dunedin being crowded with EWW (Exceptionally Wide Walkers). But I made all of my pre-determined points today. Good ride.

    I'm thinking maybe The Grand Circle Tour tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete