Search This Blog

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Blurred Lines!

Now THAT'S what we're used to!
Yesterday was just a Jamboree of Justifiably Joyful Jubilation!  After a week of cricket calls we were blissfully swamped!  Sent seven scintillating sexy, suave sycles to new homes!
All right, I'll stop (and yes, I know cycles starts with a "C")
But seriously son...
(NO, no...Stop)
It was a heck of a lot of fun seeing so many folks finally breaking free of the cumbersome chains of summer and embracing the "great outdoors" again (all do respect to John Candy and Dan Aykroyd).  By mid afternoon we were humming, and I send great appreciation to all the patient folks giving each customer their just do attentions.  No disgruntled rumblings!  Also, as always, we appreciate all the trust you folks extend to us with your repairs!
Yes, today is Sunday and I and a few of the brood (giving mama a break) are hanging at the shop until five, as I have to get off my butt and get some more rides put together!  Picked up a few in trade yesterday and need to get them going.  Speaking of which, I feel very blessed that I was able to pay back some generosity yesterday!  A few years back (around our house known as the "Dark Times") we were WAY in the skids.  Having to have abandoned our old house (where the business first started) we were extended a great deal of courtesy and generosity from a group of incredible people, gathered up by one of our customers turned close friends, Keri.
Brief synopsis:  After living in the house on Highland for three years we surreptitiously received a notice, addressed to "tenant" but intended for our landlord.  Seemed the house had been in forecloser for over a year, and even though we had been paying our rent, he had not paid the mortgage.  This notice had been received two days after Angela had been rushed to the hospital due to a spontaneous collapse of her lung.  I was endeavoring to cover the shop, and care for the kiddos with our eldest help.  About two days after the notice we experienced a fire in the garage in the electric panel.  Fried, we had no electricity.  The landlord, now aware WE were aware he had not been paying the mortgage, would not return any of our calls.  We were shtupped.  Mid January, it was FAR to cold to keep the kids in the house with no heat.  With insufficient funds for the deposit on a new place, we moved our belongings into a storage facility and checked into a weekly rental "room".  Having heard this, Keri and her friends jumped into action, supplying us with hot meals (minimal cooking space in a 'room") and raising funds to help us get out into a new house!
Well, one of those wonderful ladies paid us a visit yesterday.  Her teenage son has been having some bad luck with his bicycle, and they have had it in other shops over in Tampa, three times for repairs, and he has only had it for a few months (Wal-Mart bike, g figure) thankfully I was allowed the opportunity to return the kindness she showed our family by setting her up with the uber-strong Mongoose XR-200 we had.  With the promise should he have any further woes, we would be there to take care of it. 
Again, we thank you for your past kindness!
AND NOW, for something completely different!
Ah, shoot. Didn't mean to get your hopes up, just gonna sign off and get to work!
See ya soon!
Oh, and here's the goodies from yesterday!

DUAL SHOCK 24" MTB
ONLY $50.00!!

TREK 1000
ONLY $350.00!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you guys so much! I just had to post here and comment on what a pleasant surprise your shop is. I bought a bike from another shop in town over a month ago. I started to have my chain slip off when I was riding so brought it back to the place I bought it. They said the 30 day warranty was past and it would cost $40 to service it. I didn't have enough cash on me, so I would have to come back later. On the way home I got a flat, and while I was walking it home ended up passing by Recycle. I stopped in to see how much it would be to fix, and ended up being much cheaper then I thought. It only took him a few minuets to change, but when he wheeled it out he said he noticed the rear end was misaligned so he went ahead and fixed it. At first I was upset because I thought he was going to charge me, but he stated it was only a minor screw adjustment and they didn't charge for that! You folks are AWESOME! I will definitely come back here from now on!

    ReplyDelete