Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Was There A Full Moon And I Missed It?

Aside from the obvious upside to having ravenous lycanthropic children, their inherent animalistic tendencies become more apparent and overwhelming during each full moon stage.  To heck with what some more misinformed "scientists" my claim, there IS a correlation to the full moon and odd behavior in humans.  Our bodies are comprised of 60% water and if you are under the age of 1 that figure is 78%.  So as we grow we loose.  So believe me when I say a two year old and three year old are more susceptible to the tidal pull of the full moon!  And young miss Izzy and Miranda are NO exceptions!  Granted, it's not in full phase until Saturday, but they must have been getting started early last night. 
In lieu of not being able to go out on Sunday, Angi and I put all the kiddo's to bed on time last night and retired to the bedroom to lay down, relax and watch a movie.  As is always the case, as the film finished and we said our good nights, I was just about to pierce the veil of sleep, when young Miranda awoke for another drink and diappie.  Normally relatively groggy, I should have had a clue as to what was to come when she was standing up in her crib smiling at me , having already turned on the light.  I gave her, her bottle, a fresh diaper, kisses and tuck ins...but it didn't look good.  Lingering behind the bottle was a wide smile and that all to familiar devilishly mischievous eyes. 
Oh boy.
Within the half hour we could here her talking and see the light once again through the crack of the door.   But now her voice was being answered by miss Izzy herself.  As there was no crying, I foolishly assumed we would be OK to re-re-attempt to go to sleep.
Once again, as fitfully I endeavored to sink into nocturnal slumber we herd the creaking of the girls room door, and then the faint but familiar "tip,tip,tip" of Izzy feet across the floor.  Straining my ears, I listened to ascertain her destination.  Of course directly to the boys room.  In the quiet of the house, I could hear her little voice, earnestly commanding her elder brother to awake with a fervent "Shisha, Shisha, SHISHA!" (that's "Elijah" in Izzyspeak)
Yes, there was a brief moment where I became a bad parent and thought to myself "Now it's HIS problem" but Miss Miranda, now having lost her conversation partner, began to express her dissatisfaction and loneliness.  Vocally.  Now, having awoke Momma I had a partner in sleeplessness, and bless her heart, she opted for early morning duty and stayed up with the two little missus until about six am.  Oddly enough, both little Werewolves awoke this morning with the remainder of the pack, spry and chipper.
So don't tell me there is no lunar effect on people!  That's why some are called "Lunatics"!
ANYWHO!  Thanks to everyone coming by yesterday.  Sent two of our babies home to new homes, and got some more goodies in!  Matching set of old Huffy road bikes, kinda cool! 
Uncle Chippie came by and grabbed the parts for what I am sure will be a way cool Puch three wheeler!  Can't WAIT to see how it comes out! 
All right, best get a move on, bikes don't build themselves!  Wow, wouldn't THAT be scary.  I can see it now.  A post apocalyptic world where humans not eradicated in the war of the fixies are made to work as slaves at an automaton controlled "Pacific Bicycle" manufacturing plant (they own everything now) One of the groups of rebel humans discovers a way to go back in time to eliminate Gary Fisher, thus stopping the creation of the Mountain Bike leader.  But he's pursued through time by a vicious Cannondale.....
Whoa.  I need to lay off the sci Fi!

1 comment:

  1. Me, I'd go back in time and punch Lance in the nose for what he's GONNA do to bicycling. At least we still have Major Taylor.

    As for your trike, Steven, it will be built to take the abuse, I can tell you that. We may have to call it King T.U.T.- the Total Utility Trike. Stay tuned...

    Concerning the moon: It would seem to me that the full moon is not the problem when it comes to tides, as the full moon is in opposition to the sun at that point. The New Moon (that we can't see) is in alignment with the sun, so I would think that the combined tidal pull of both working together would be stronger. I'll have to consult withg my brother in law, Cecil the Pirate. He has to know these things, you know.

    ReplyDelete