Search This Blog

Monday, December 30, 2013

...you could hear a pin drop!

Not sure if it was the inclement weather or folks taking off for the last weekend of break or just sitting at home looking at their credit card expenses asking themselves "I spent HOW MUCH!?" but this weekend was sloooooooooow! 
That's not to say we didn't have a lot of looky loo's, oh nay, nay!  But Thursday and Friday we got hit hard and sold just about every adult size bike we had so there was not much to look at! We do have a few nice ones left, mind you. but the "under 100" stock blew out of hear like no ones business!  We did manage to add a couple though and Boy oh BOY are they SAH-WEEEET!!  First off, another recumbent!!  A gorgeous EZ-1, 21 speed sweetie!   Also we got a first.  An electric bike!  An RMartin 36 volt, 7 speed folding bike, aluminum frame, complete with a newer lithium battery (less then ten months old), new tires, charger and all the paperwork.  This one sells new for $1499.00 and we got her for ONLY $850.00!! And she's a quick little bugger too.  What I really like is she is light enough that if you were out and ran out of a charge she's nothing to just pedal home.  For my part, I did manage to build two on Saturday.  The aforementioned recumbent and a real sharp looking BMX for the kid in your life.  This little Mongoose looks almost new and sports NEW tires to boot.
Also, have a ladies hybrid half done in my rack and just picked up a Mongoose Pro (this is one of the GOOD ones Walmart hasn't destroyed) that will be going out lickety split.
Even though the Holiday is coming up, I won't be taking off the first.  No, we celebrate the new year but don't use it as an excuse to close for the day, so there was nothing for me to make up for and work yesterday.  I took the day, as usual, to hang out with the family.  Of course, with the rain, we were home bound, but made the best of it, playing the day away.  Poor Angela, feeling the effect of the holiday week, was exhausted and we tried our best to remain (relatively) quiet while she rested.  After I got the kids to bed around 9, the older boys took over the video game and I laid in bed with her while we watched back to back episodes of "The Murder Show".  That, of course, is just a generic title for any of the multitude of "reality based, true crime" shows out there.  She had been watching "Sister Wives" which is why I hadn't come and lay down sooner.  Sorry, but any schmuck that thinks it's OK to have more then one love in his life is about as brain dead as the women he's married to, so I'll give it a pass! 
ANYWHO!
I really don't have much more to jaw about so I'll be taking my leave and getting back to work!
See ya!

20" MONGOOSE BMX W/NEW TIRES!
ONLY $70.00!!

RMARTIN ELETRIC FOLDING BIKE!
ONLY $850.00!!

EZ-1 RECUMBANT BIKE!
ONLY $350.00!!

No comments:

Post a Comment