Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Maudlin Lang Syne

The only real effect of the passing of one year into the next is the necessity to purchase a new desk calendar 'cause I'm to cheap to buy the sixteen month version!  So of course we WILL be open tomorrow!
Yes, here again we once more pass into a new year, 2014.  Wow!  The older I get the more I realize just how quick the last 40 something years have passed and I can't help but ask myself, yet again (as is the happenstance every year) where the hell are the flying cars, Mars colonies, jet packs and loyal humanoid robots!?  And where is my robotic Daggett?  (obscure reference kids!  Check Google!)  All you need to do to see just how presumptuous science fiction writers were is to check out any movies made or pulps that were written a mere 50 or so years ago to realize just how far off they were!  Look at something as recent as Aliens!  In this future we have achieved interstellar travel, fully human looking artificial life but we're still using toggle switches and keyboards!?!  And check out their computer graphics! 
But seriously, as this year comes to a close, I'll be spending it with my lovely wife out and about on the town, settling into Flanagan's Pub downtown for dinner and a couple of pints to usher in another year.  Of course, as I am prone to do, I have spent the last couple of days reflecting not only on 2013 but years previous.  I can't help but be thankful for everything we have been blessed with, and with its ying comes the yang,  regret some decisions made.  I will fight the inevitable urge to dwell on the yang!  A new year offers the promise of rectifying mistakes and improving on successes.  I wish you all the same attempts and good fortune!
Thanks to everyone who visited yesterday and for the plethora of repairs to help grease the wheels and keep things moving around here!    Managed to get out two new goodies yesterday, Huzzah!  A really gorgeous Giant Cypress and an equally impressive Mongoose Pro.  That Mongoose is one of the GOOD ones, not the ones that Wal-Mart sells in an attempt to destroy the Mongoose name!  Check 'em out below! 
Alright, short but sweet.  I gotta git on to work, as I have a pile of repairs waiting my ministrations!  See ya'll soon!


GIANT CYPRESS!
ONLY $140.00!!

A REAL MONGOOSE!
ONLY $140.00!!

No comments:

Post a Comment