Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Mamma Always Said....

"If you can't say something nice...."
Yea, been one of THOSE weekends! 
We have been up to our eyeballs in a laundry list of "Honey do" in preparation for the inspection of the house today.  A feat of Herculean proportion to rival the cleaning of the stalls!  OK, maybe not THAT bad, but when you are trying to keep the house clean as seven little mess makers are following you around undoing what you have done, it becomes a tad bit monotonous!  As we were reorganizing closets and the like Sunday, we figured we'd go through the kids clothes, a constant source of consternation, as they seem incapable of keeping them in their bureaus!  No, apparently there is no room in there, as they are being used as storage for candy wrappers, old papers, leggos and whatever piece of something they trash pick on the way home from school!  As Kaleb was out for the day and Elijah was at the shop I took it upon myself to empty and purge, making way for what clothes would be remaining!  Here's where I had MY sadistic fun!  We had been warning them for the past few months (since the last purge, a quarterly act) that if they didn't do it themselves WE would do it!  Now, if you have ever been a teenage boy, or had one, you know that most of them seem emotionally attached to the nastiest pieces of clothing.  My rule, if it's stained or has holes, it goes.  That described about a quarter of their clothes.  Should have seen them trying to get to the trash bags to dig through and recover!  By early afternoon we had their room spotless and organized.  Took the older boys about twenty minuets when they returned to have it trashed again!  ARRGH!!
Mom did the old "Brady Bunch" routine as well.  In their room the older boys are on one side, the younger on the other, so having listened to enough arguments over the invisible boundary line in their room and who's mess was on who's side, she subdivided the room with the sofa, so as to eliminate any further arguments! 
Then on to the girls room!  Now ladies, I mean NO disrespect but I have five females in my life and I must say, they are some of the messiest creatures around!  Cant blame the little ones but my nine year old and in her past, my 22 year old could not grasp the concept of picking up after oneself to save their lives!  There's was the biggest clothing purge we did that day!  We constantly get clothing donations, primarily girls, and it's a lot of stuff they will never wear.  Miranda still wears dresses , but both Rozy and Izzy long ago realized that they had more freedom of movement in slacks and a shirt.  So out they went!  Now we can actually FIND their clothes!  But, as predicted, 'twas a mess mere moments later!  ARRGH!!
Then Monday came! 
Now I should mention here, that at no time did business give me a lick of trouble!  Oh, no! Quite the contrary.  Yesterday was blissfully busy, and seeing as I was in a cleaning mood I took a wee bit of time to (once again) reorganize the shop!  I finally broke down and weeded out some project stuff that I reluctantly accepted I would never get around to.  Stripped down, they were relegated to the scrap pile.  Also manged to put out two GE-OR-GEOUS new rides (check pic's) and have a third in my rack!  As always, a shout out to all who graced us with their repairs!  Thank you SO much for the trust folks, not to mention the referrals!  Had one that really impressed me!  Apparently there is an unsung hero somewhere in Plant City singing our praises to anyone who will listen, as yesterday we had a third referral from there!  Thank you so very much!  Also, no day is complete without the "I want to think about it" sale!  Several folks came in to look at the Trek 7200 we HAD yesterday.  One such individual popped in, rode tested and loved it, but had "just started looking" and was going to "think about it".  In complete understanding, I wished him a good day, and when he left, set the clock.
Grinning, I waited.
Sure enough 9 minuets and 32 seconds later...
In walked a young lady, herself, just starting to look, but instantly became smitten with her.  Although she herself admitted she wanted to "think about it" it didn't take to much thinking as she was back a scant few moments later.  And, as always, a wee bit later the previous gent, again with sticker shock came in to snag it up, but to no avail.  No, really, I am not gloating, I merely present a cautionary tale.  If you see something you really like here, I GUARANTEE you will not find something somewhere else  at the prices we charge. Period. 
Shifting back to the darker side. 
Yesterday was the initial AC inspection prior to the actual house inspection.  To bring you up to speed, in the year and a half since we have lived there, we have had to have the unit serviced and repaired five times.  Each time they find something new wrong with it but as each time it is a different company, they say the problem has been there for a LONG time!  This time around they stated the coils were outdated, clogged and rusted and needed replacing.  That the unit itself was outdated and should be replaced?  Mind you, three of the other previous companies are out of business, so who do you believe?  According to this one, our electric bill is double what it should be (yea, I can attest to that).  So, it is with a great deal of trepidation I await the outcome of today's inspection.  This is why I stated I wasn't getting my hopes up.  Then of course, no good day is complete without injury!  In the midst of dealing with the woes of rentals, I got a call from Owen at school stating that his tooth really hurt.  I had Elijah retrieve him and bring him to me so I could check, but saw nothing.  As it turned out, he'd been in a fight Friday, he failed to tell us about and got clocked in the jaw.  Ten minuets into going home to "rest" found him bouncing off the walls, in high spirits, wanting to play. 
Never a dull moment.
Well, before I sign off, gotta let all the enthusiasts know, the Paramount has found a home.  And it is with a great deal of satisfaction that I announce it went to a collector from  Boston!  Me ol' stomping grounds!  And not only that, but he noticed the mid eighties Kauharawa BMX we had and snagged that up too.  
All right, I've bent your ear enough, now it's off to work!

DUAL SHOCK MONGOOSE 26"
ONLY $85.00!!

NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART!!
CUSTOM FIXIE WITH ORBEA CARBON FIBER FRONT END!
ONLY $280.00!!

2 comments:

  1. My compliments to the gentleman from Boston, but Steven- YA SHOULDA KEPT THA PARAMOUNT!!!

    I'll be pedalling north tomorrow, hope to stop by and harra- er, see you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, I knew you'd say that, but here's the rub, I don't DO road bikes. Every bike I have is either a comfort bike or a converted comfort bike, like the customized "Greedo" '77 Continetal with a nine inch lift in the handlebars. It may look goofy, but it's me. See, I couldn't see onverting the Paramount to such a seating position, and my original thought of keeping it and putting it away just didn't seem right. This bike deserves to be on the road, and to be with someone that will appreciate it for what it is, a RIDE!

    ReplyDelete