Search This Blog

Monday, December 16, 2013

OH NO! My Routine Is In Turmoil!! And number 1000!!!


Hard to believe.  we have been at this, that long!  Originally started (and often time's flagged) in the confines of all our Craigslist ads.  Once I'd gotten fed up with the trolls constantly deleting us, I luckily stumbled across "BlogSpot" and ever since have had a platform for all my insipid ramblings!  From time to time I have the opportunity to go back in time and revisit some of the milestones in our little operation and quite surprisingly am humbled by the realization that I haven't gotten any more entertaining as the years go by!  So without further adieu, here's some more useless prattle!

As is my morning ritual, I come in, open, set up and clean, then go to the Wren's Nest to get coffee and do my morning updates on the 'pooter.  But what's this!?  The Wren's Nest is now CLOSED on Mondays!?
ARRGH!!!
I'd forgotten they told me that last week.  A dos bros operation, one of the brothers recently got another job back in his chosen field, reluctantly leaving the other to handle a very busy little donut shop, with some strenuous hours!  They get here at 2 am (time to make the donuts!) and don't get out until noon-1pm.  Yuch!  granted,  I work 10 hours a day as well, but I couldn't imagine doing it in THAT kind of a spread!  I am SO not a morning person! Apparently there are a lot of other lost souls today as well, for there has been a steady parade of disappointed faces coming back to their cars after testing the Wrens Nest door.  Perhaps they too were going to be forced to go to the only other place in the area to get coffee.  I'm not gonna trash talk the other joint, as they provide other things and are good folks, but their coffee tastes like either they made it the night before or just don't know how much beans to put in!  After half a 16 ounce cup my heartburn kicks into overdrive!
Well, yesterday was the first Sunday in about a month that we didn't have any house work to do, nor parade of folk wanting to take a look at the house (except one contractor) as we are still awaiting word as to whether or not the perspective buyer will be signing on the dotted line.  Aside from my normal Sunday load of work clothes to wash (and the prerequisite light cleaning from the kiddo's being awake a few hours before us) we had nothing on the agenda and were going to bask in that fact! 
This allowed us to return to our normal ritual of Sunday brunch!  In celebration I opted to do something a little special and make omelet's!  And I only screwed up two!  But, that is to be expected as with all the fillings for a western omelet, both I and the older boy have them loaded up!  So it was mine and Kaleb's that didn't fold right.  And it also marked the first time Miranda had one!  OK, she had half of one.  Her high chair, lap and Mom and Dad's end of the table got the rest, but a milestone none the less!  It's just good that she is doing better with food, as when she was born she had a protein allergy that made for a very strict diet! 
We continued the day with a movie (Turbo) and some play and banter, then on to completing trimming the tree.  Ah, what fun!  First, I put on the lights.  Once it was determined that I did  crappy job, Angela fixed it, to a taunting chorus by both Elijah and I, as the traditional Yule time teasing abound!  Of course, once it was determined that neither I, Elijah or Kaleb were capable of straightening tree limbs, Angela was forced to abandon decorating for the remainder of the evening, in frustration.  I assume she will continue today.
Saturday was a bit of alright!  Very brisk, with plenty of very smart folk taking advantage of some of the gems we had in stock!  The Trek Navigator is going to fill up the bottom of a lucky gents Christmas tree.  The Schwinn cruiser found just the right home with  someone looking to get back into the bipedal life style (yes, I know that words means something else, but I am re purposing it).  Also a special thank you to all the folks for coming in and picking up their repairs!  It was getting a tad bit full in here! 
We did manage to get two more built, but they sold before I even got a pic of them!  Sorry!  Fear not though!  I have another in my rack, almost complete and several more to work on, including some real sweet kiddo bikes that will look great under any ones tree! 
So without further preamble, I best get at it!
See ya soon!

1 comment:

  1. Steven-

    Congrats on the 1000th blog, and that gorgeous new banner photo!

    And the next time I stop by, you'll be kind enough to point out the Wren's Nest, as I have somehow managed to miss it so far.

    ReplyDelete