Search This Blog

Monday, December 23, 2013

Sunday Brunch!

Oh, NOW I remember why I take a day off!
WOOF!
We came in to work a full day yesterday to fill up some vacancies from Saturday (what another BLITZ that was!  Thank you all so much!) and put out some real gems I tell you!  A BLOODY FANTASTIC 3G Chopper, that words don't do justice! But after finishing I took her for a test drive and MAN will I be jealous of whoever buys this SWEET ride!  Very tempted to keep this show piece, but I need not be selfish!  Also Finished up the 1975 Schwinn Paramount, and I did not do much, mind you.  Wanted to keep her as original as possible.  Switched out some corroded cables, but let everything else intact.  It will need to have the right brake lever replaced as well as new handlebar tape, but other then that, she's a  REAL peach!  Also, a very swift K2 Astral 2.0 on consignment and she is one heck of a nice hybrid!  Also, three new kiddo bikes for under your tree!
The Schwinn hybrid sold first thing, and to our pleasure,  to a very nice family transplanted from Boston.  A gift for their teenage son, who, and I am not funnin' here, was a dead ringer for a young Matt Damon!  I even extended them a small discount, dependant on him reciting the line "How do ya like 'dem apples!" which he did in a Southy accent, with gusto! 
Also a big "Welcome to Florida" to the newly arrived family from North Carolina who came and snagged up two new rides for the kiddo's! 
Today, in between shuttling bikes out to new homes, I am working like the dickens to get some more newbies out, so stay tuned to these pages for pics!
After work, Angi and I took another ride to shop, picking up the last few things for Christmas morning.  I like riding with just her sometimes, as we needn't endure the ritual stop to "reeducate" the kids on how to ride as a group.  Not exactly Holiday Happiness!  Besides, I get to follow her and it's a pleasant view! Hummana, hummana! 
After the ride, we headed home, plopped down in the bedroom and watched "It's a Wonderful Life" while wrapping everything up!  Finally finishing up, we passed out about 2.30 am.
Then back at it this morning!  And it has been another Whiz Bang of a day, I'll tell you!  Already sold another couple of the kids bikes as well as the K2 Hybrid!  Have no fear though, we still have plenty of stocking stuffers for ya!
While working today, I popped in a copy of the classic 1927 Fritz Lang masterpiece "Metropolis".  While watching I couldn't help but wonder, with all the advances in movie technology on top of all the recent remakes of classic Sci Fi flicks, how come no one has brought this piece of celluloid out of mothballs and given it a makeover!  I do remember hearing back in 2007 that Thomas Schuehly had acquired the remake rights and was hunting for a director but have heard nothing since.  It dawned on me that, and here's my two scents, they need to do a real "Steampunk" version of the flick.  Not unlike the brilliant Terry Gilliam flick, "Brazil", but much darker.   In 2002  Christian Bale starred in "Equilibrium" that seemed very influenced by Lang's epic silent movie, but I'm talking a real gritty, swashbuckling story of the working class overcoming the elitist top worlders.  And the fact that the main protagonist in the original was a woman, it was very ahead of it's time!  Let's hope Hollywood doesn't muck it up and make some glossy, matrix inspired high tech morality tale.  This movie was made wen steam was the power source of choice, keep it so!
Alright, I have babbled enough, back to work!!

1975 SCHWINN PARAMOUNT
$950.00 OR BEST OFFER!

20" BOYS BMX!
SOLD

K2 ASTRAL 2.0 HYBRID
SOLD

3G CUSTOM 7-SPEED CHOPPER
ONLY $600.00!!

1 comment:

  1. Man, that blue Paramount is a piece of art. Wow.

    I need to sell more books...

    ReplyDelete