Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Holiday Traditions!

Marley's ghost wouldn't even raise a hackle! 
Surprisingly, even though it is very difficult for me to even consider taking a day off, we obviously won't be open tomorrow.  Angela informed me that if I even thought about coming in in the afternoon like I did  few years back she'd hang me with the holly with a sprig of mistletoe shoved up my....
But anyway!  We will be closing today at five pm to prepare for tomorrows rampage of present openers.  We did good this year and got everything wrapped well in advance.  And as a side note, so I don't forget, we would like to extend a public "thank you" to the folks at Flanagan's Irish Pub in downtown Dunedin.  The owner is a regular of ours and a couple weeks back he overheard me lamenting about what a thin Christmas this is and he and his lovely wife came by yesterday with a bevy of Holiday gifts for the whole family! Angi and I have already made plans to spend New Years eve ringing in the New year there! 
Angi and I plan on doing the traditional round of egg nog, the reading of the family heirloom, "The Tomten" then once all the kiddo's are in bed set out the booty, have a breather and hit the sheets.  We plan on being the first ones up this year to wake them up with a resounding chorus of "Santa was here! Santa was here!"  We have reason to celebrate.  Thanks to our parental benefactors and their wise choice of the perfect gifts, cash, we went out last night and bought the kid something they have been pleading for for years.  It's a....well, I won't be able to tell you until after the holidays, as some of our kids read the blog (obviously to find out just what I say about them) and I don't want to ruin the surprise.  But I will tell you, Angi is absolutely giddy over the fact that we were able to do this for them!  You should have seen her wrapping it last night!  We had quickly finished up the others, then she took 20 minuets to find the perfect paper, bows and tag.  The paper was perfectly aligned, with even folds, I was starting to doze off on the bed! 
All in all, I find myself actually looking forward to tomorrow!  Not to mention the HUGE Christmas ham we got!
Mmmmmmm, BOY!  As if I were not fat enough!
So, I'm gonna sign off with a very Merry ChristmaKwanzaahanukkah! , and we WILL be open on Thursday fully prepared to help you spend your Christmas cash!
WOW!  How capitalistic of me!
See YA!
OPPS!  Almost forgot!  Here's a couple more goodies for under your tree!

MONGOOSE 29"ER!
ONLY $130.00!!

CLASSIC TREK 800 MOUNTAIN TRACK!!
ONLY $145.00!!

1 comment:

  1. And from my family to yours, sir, a Very Merry Christmas!

    There is, thanks to you, a shiny new bicycle under our tree this year. Literally.

    Cool.

    ReplyDelete