Search This Blog

Friday, July 1, 2011

Blogging, Wasteing and "What the HELL did you just say?"

Thank heavens for blogs!  The Diaries of the new millenium (I KNOW, it's millennium!  But give me a break...I'm a Star Wars fan!)   If not for it, I'd probably forget what I did the day before!  This way when I wake up, and realize that senility kicked in, I just have to peruse the last couple days of entries, and I'm "Right as RAIN!"
In doing that I realized I had not "blogged-out" yesterday, and panic struck.  "What did We do yesterday!?!?!"  For the most part I can re-member what happened when I got home at the end of the night, as those events are pretty much routine.  Good, but routine.  No I'm speaking more of the events of the day!  And as the veil of sleep, and momentary morning confusion slowly drifts away, I do re-call we were Whomped!  And a Jolly good Whomping it was!  Even though the rain has been rather tediously persistent, I guess folks got tired of just sitting around and braved the moments of sun, and hit the streets!  Thanks to the lovely Theresa for her repeat business.  She's an "Garage Customer" from back in the day, BoyEEE! (sorry, That's about as "street" as I get!) Coming back in to have some minor tweaks done to a very sweet looking Specialized her roommate WON!  Wowzer's, I want in on the next drawing!  Also she brought in her, SWEET looking ergonomically correct comfort cruiser for a couple tweaks.  Oh if it weren't a ladies bike (and it hadn't been raining) I probably would have taken it for a "test drive" myself!  Oh and the Schwinn Traveller I was bragging on the day before last, that we had built up for PK, well apparently she loved it...but her Beau...not so much.  I think he wanted her to get a new bike.  Which is cool.  I mean if he's paying?  Go LARGE! (more street...I'm starting to sound hip, hunh?) But that was OK, as I had then listed it on Craigslist and within 10 minutes, before I even thought of listing on the blog, got a call from Walter, who's been trolling CL, looking for our post's, and checking the blog.  Seems he missed out on the Bottecchia, and the Fuji, and JUMPED on the Schwinn!  Good to know it's going to a loving parent!  And thanks to Jared and his posse' (hehehe..I'm almost ethnic!) for coming in and entertaining Angie, and picking up the old school Mongoose BMX we had.  And sorry about the mud on it (no worries, we washed it for him) apparently someone took it for a test drive...in the rain!  Also took the 24" DK back in.  Hey some folks need something a little more their...speed.  Seems he was having trouble with the tubes going flat and apparently was convinced it was a conspiracy, or faulty rubber.  Although I don't think you can blame the tires for what you run over.  We always check when changing tubes, and in Florida, amongst other things, sand spurs are our greatest enemy!  So we traded out for the re-built Trailmaster.  Hope he has better luck with those tires!  And to our regular James, who in the last week has bought three bikes.  I'll pause here to let any potential bike buyer know the IMPORTANCE of buying a bike chain AND LOCK for any bike you may have to park, unattended...ANYWHERE.  He has had 2 stolen, from in front of CVS.  And as he likes nice hybrids I begrudgingly sold him the Diamondback I had claimed for my self, with the caveat, that if anyone was willing to pay the asking price I'd sell it.  He did.  Boo Hoo.
We also picked up a few more bangers yesterday, so I'll be a busy little bee today.
Yesterdays little helper was the lovely little apple of my eye, Rozlynd.  Who kept entertained by Dora on the puter, as well as a variety of other games, frequently accessed by "Dadeeeeee!?"
Yep, that's me, entrepreneur, bike mechanic, and activities director!
Now onto wasting.  As i came in this morning I noticed the dumpster gate behind the CVS was opened and i noticed they were hauling out carts of display equipment.  Here's where I have a beef.  The lock up there dumpsters, but they are throwing away BOXES and BOXES of completely useful, unopened boxes of a variety of metal and plastic displays, placards you name it.  And i don't mean a RE-CYCLING bin...just a dumpster!  There's several hundreds of pounds of perfectly good metal, going to waste.  I took what I could haul before they locked it back up, but if I weren't alone (again!) I'd ask permission and make a day of it!  I feel personally...I don't know...violated that they would just trash what could be reused.  it's shameful!!  Oh well, maybe I can get in later!
And the later.  I do my "Internet shopping" with one of those pre-paid credit cards, and had to place an order this morning and could not find my card (it's OK, it was empty anyway) so i went and picked up a new one.  Now with these things you have to call in and register and activate them.  Well theres an adventure in linguistics!  First the voice recognition, that apparently doesn't "recognize" English!  So after several failed attempts at my muddles Yankee/Southern accent, the "Completed" the application process, by transferring me to an operator who not only couldn't understand me any better then the computer, but who compelled me to put out an advertisement for a translator of my own!  Seriously.  if the United States holds more then 45% of the worlds wealth, that would lead one to believe that English speaking folk would comprise the bulk of credit card transaction, would it not be beneficial to employ folks who could both speak, and understand English?  I know, not really progressive thinking on my part but if my name is "Steven"  then my name does NOT start with an F!  LORD!  The whole transaction ate up a good half hour of my life that I'll never get back!
Anyway.  Today is shaping up to be a monumentally big one as seven re-pairs have already come in as i've been writting this.  As well as today's helper Owen *shudder* is on his way!  He's my son and I love him but he's the one who wants to be "helpful"
Give me strength!

No comments:

Post a Comment