Search This Blog

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Naive...or hopeful?

As is my morning ritual, along with a healthy dose of caffiene, I peruse activity on Craigslist, check our blogs activity (recently check my Amazon account), set up Zune to begin copying the latest film downloads, and check my Mailbox.  Occasionally while doing that if the news blurbs catches my attention I'll quickly scan the contents.  Today (along with recent findings in a grisly murder case more then 132 years old, sorry I am a Gothic Murder buff, color me macabre!) was the "Odd News" stream.  Checking that out what struck me was regardless of what occurred in the news the newscaster related the story in some way to the economy.  As do so many other news reports.  I don't mean to sound uneducated (or optimistic, perish the thought) but don't you think enough attention has been given to that subject on a global scale? 
Here's my point.  Yes, times are tough. Yes, there are a lot of people out of work. But profit margin reports, sales figures, GNP's and Manufacturing data aside, I'd like to think that the days of the "Global" economy are gone.  just face facts.  As much as we are a Global community, I think we are once again becoming a "Local" economy.  And where exactly is the problem in that?  People will survive.  And where as some may take a more unorthodox (and sometimes illegal) approach to meeting their needs, most seem to be keeping it within their community.  Yes I have touched on this before, and even though I may spend a few bucks on mail order, our money stays right here, in little old Clearwater.  As I would think do so many others in so many other communities...world wide.  And why should we worry if some multi-national, resource gobbling mega corporation who's stock price shapes our opinion on how things "Are" fiscally, says things are bad?  When their CEO'S are loosing 10% of their trillion dollar stock option, then fire 10,000 workers to bring their percentages back up are THEY not CAUSING the economical problems?  OK, yes I rant.  It's my way.  My point being ("You have a POINT?!) it's not the other 94% of the populations problem that these guys keep their $110,000,000.00 boat.   Look out for you.  And in doing THAT, keep it in your neighborhood.  I believe the term is "Pay It Forward"

No comments:

Post a Comment