Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

I got ANT'S in my PANTS!!!

Seriously.  I had 'em in my pants, shirt, socks, shoes you name it!  SOMETIMES the bikes we buy have been sitting in someones back yard or whatever, and nature deplores a vacuum.  SO they occasionally fill the void of bike frames....with ant colonies.  A fact you can be sadly unaware of, UNTIL you start tearing them down.  Then you know.  Such is the case in the little 20" vertical we we're working on, as soon as we took off the headset...whoosh.  A herd of red ants came out to picket the gentrification of their neighborhood.  They were not up for negotiations.  Well in response i installed a water theme park.  They forgot their inner tubes so decided to use me as higher ground. 
ouch.
Good thing no one was around out back to see my impromptu shower.
ANYWAY.  I have been continuing the mind numbing task of parts sorting.  I think my IQ has decreased, markedly (some are aware of the dangers of this as I'm only a couple of points shy of having to choose between walking or gum chewing) and my hands are SO skewered by metal shards, it ain't funny!
Alas, due to the fact that I have given the task prior to others, it's all completely Fu....dged up!
Thanks to the young ladies who picked up the custom BMX earlier.  She needed one that would fit her diminutive size, this one fit the bill!!  And we had a weird bidding war for the right to buy the cruiser.  two folks walked through the door at the same time, both looking for the cruiser.  In the end though he wanted hand brakes (it's coaster) and she wanted a bigger seat.  But it's cool, 10 minutes after they left a young man came in and grabbed it, so all's well!  We always say a bike will find it's owner!
Today's little helper was Rozy.  (as if she would let me forget!)  and she made damn sure that our Internet re-mained on.  I think I have heard more ICarley then I want to for the foreseeable future!
And we did manage to get much done in the way of new stuff, although I was SO enraptured with unadulterated sheer JOY of part sorting that I forgot to get pic's.  Will have them up tomorrow!  We do have this one pic of a sweet custom consignment piece though!  Full chrome 20" cruiser with the springer front end!  Sweet!
And to all the Browncoats reading, leaving you with a little diddy, a REM style tribute to Firefly!
NIGHT!
chromed out masterpiece
only $200.00

daddy, you do realize that "Firefly" memorabilia is not a business expense, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment