Search This Blog

Monday, July 11, 2011

I am SO sad!

I have been accused at times, justifiably so of being....obsessive. (would my wife, mother and sister please stop laughing I can't hear myself type) I latch onto something and it become, well an obsession (duh) Currently that HAS to be Firefly.  Yes a TV show (and movie) has become a major preoccupation of my free time.  As we are currently re-watching the sadly short run series of MONUMENTAL quality, I felt compelled to discover why Fox cancelled it.  Many theories abound, but it boils down to lack of faith on the part of the network, leading to poor ratings.  Being aired in the death slot of Fridays nights, with minimal exploitation, they also failed to run the pilot first (they ran that at the end of the run?) the episodes were also shown out of sequence, shown sporadically, and many time preempted by sporting events (yuck).  To put it poignantly, they had nailed the coffin shut BEFORE the occupant was dead.
Fast forward, and the show is a massive cult favorite, with the box DVD set being one of the all time best seller!  And just check out how many fans sites are on the web!  The Movie "Serenity" come to find out was actually partially paid for by fan donations!!!
WOOF!  Lets see anyone put up cash for "Real Wife's Of Alabama" or whatever!
All right I'll cut to the chase, check this site out for me www.facebook.com/BringBackFirefly and even if you don't care hit in a vote for one of the BEST shows of all times (before the actors get to old)
OK, so on the work front!  Today was a day of organization attempt!  I say "Attempt" because the moment I got into it, I got a flood of re-pairs in, which is NO PROBLEM! but obviously took precedence!  And as is almost ALWAYS the case, no sooner had we dug into the back room, a couple WONDERFUL gents came by with trailer in tow to bestow upon us 13 more bikes and a variety of parts!  So the afternoon was spent making more of a mess in the Dungeon processing them all.  Most were parts bikes but we lucked out with a TOWNIE ELECTRA!!!!!   WOW!!!!  Haven't had one in way to long, and this one is complete.   Needs some major TLC, but WELL worth it!  Also got the damnedest little get up someone built out of a Road master wagon.  Check out the before pic below.  They had it set up as an electric motorized Jobey but we're going to turn it into a way cool pull along for Izzy!  Also managed to put out a nice ladies Specialized Crossroads Hybrid (got the wheel set in the batch of goodies!)  Well as much as I need to keep plugging on parts sorting, I had better call it a day!
Stay Shiny!
THIS WILL MAKE FOR ONE COOL iZZY-MOBILE!!

SWEET LADIES HYBRID!
ONLY $130.00!!!




SAVE THE BROWNCOATS!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment