Search This Blog

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Round, Round Baby Round, round!!!

It never fails.  The more I organize the more things get messed up!  ARRGH!!!  About 80% done with reorganizing the back, and today being Saturday always means re-pairs.  Which is NOT the problem, we love being the one folks choose to keep their rides going.  Special tip of the hat to our new friend Johnathan for bringing in ALL of his families Schwinn's for work AND a full re-furb and re-paint on his "Baby"!  No, that's not the problem.  What IS the problem is I, combines with Adam don't seem to have enough snap to KEEP it clean.  (see pic below).  I am for all intents and purposes a MESSY worker.  If I have a part or piece that's bad and removed 9 out of 10 times it hits the floor.  Tools...hit the floor.  Amongst that and all the parts bins removed from the shelves and NOT put back, it takes less then a morning for the Dungeon to look like a trailer park hit by an F5.
BUT, that's why I pat Sundays crew the big bucks to clean up.  Heh.
And today kept us moving!  FINALLY sold the Raliegh 20 to a wonderful lady looking to get back on a bike after a long hiatus!  Our best wishes, mam!  Last night stayed around a little while for a group of young gents pedalling down from New Port Richey to pick up the DK BMX.  Now that's dedication!  I've made that trip on bike, and it's a HAUL!  Thanks for the patronage, guys!
And Special Thanks to Chip and Joanne for visiting us yesterday bearing gifts!  The Schwinn "Big Boy" world road bike is gonna be a gem when she's done!!
Also sold the Specialized Crossroads to a nice family who had come in to look at another one, but fell in love with it.  Can't say as I blame them, she's a peach!
Momma came in for a little while this afternoon to help and hob knob with the customers as I worked away on one stubborn scratch build cruiser I have been trying to get done!  It looks great but is giving me a run for my money!
Well, with that I had best get my tail moving!  Y'all have a great night!


It looks like someone college dorm room!

And for all you "Browncoats"

No comments:

Post a Comment