Search This Blog

Monday, July 18, 2011

oh....I am in trouble!

Well, yesterday was a hoot!  My day off, originally I had planned to take it easy and spend some time reading.  However as is so often the case, plans change.  Feeling a little run down from a busy week, I slept until almost noon, to be awaken by the inevitable argument of some such with the kids.  And as is my usual response, I made a pot of coffee and ascertained that if they had the energy to argue, they had the energy to clean.  Now, surprisingly (as i am sure they have grown accustomed to it) They did so with now reservation and no "But it's not MY mess" whining. 
wow.
And they worked together...no fighting...and did it quickly....and did a good job...with no fighting...
I actually had to step outside and check and see if I was in the right house.  Then not convinced had images of "Invasion of the Body Snatchers.  Took awhile to feel at ease that they weren't waiting for me to be lulled into a false sense of security...then suck my brains out my ears with a straw.
However all ended well, and they were treated to video games in the media room till their brains bled.
Around this same time, Angela had gotten busy at the shop (ALOT of repairs came in, thanks so much!) and a gent who has been coveting a road bike for his young son, stopped by to see if I had brought up the Nishiki frame I had in the garage (I had not...our garage scares me) It is not only excess bike storage but also our laundry room (lord what a mess) and when the kitchen duties are done and they sweep up debris they just sweep it into the garage and leave it.  So needless to say it's pretty huge mess out there.  So I was a TAD bit embarrassed to have this sharply dressed gent and his well groomed child watching as I, Kaleb and Elijah stumbled over the mound of trash trying to find the frame.  Much to there credit, they took it in stride and we eventually found the prize.
Well the whole ordeal made it QUITE apparent that we needed to RE-ORGANIZE!  So much to the chagrin of the elder boys, they had the thankless task of emptying out the mess.  In the end, I discovered MANY hidden treasures in their, the least of which is not a sweet early 60's Schwinn cruiser, and many more vintage pieces.  Not to mention two Specialized, and a Trek 820.  SO, you will be seeing a lot more goodies coming out soon.  In the end, moving around and cleaning and discovering bled over into the shop as I had them bring me all the overstock shoved in the back room over to the NOW organized garage.  So we have room to move here!!  WOW!
So here's where I get into trouble.  Feeling good about myself and the boys for helping we started playing around with the garden hose and I get drenched (as do they) well the happy feel good thoughts carry on into the eve, and after a nice dinner as we usually sit around the table and banter about one thing led to another and a wrestling match broke out.  Now it's been awhile since I was pitted against Elijah.  For reference he's 2 inches taller then me now, and only about 10 pounds lighter.  Yet he's ALOT younger and as much as I won't try and show it, he's no where NEAR as easy to put down as he once was.  To top it off the other boys got into it as well.  I have to say combined the four of them are a formidable force.  Kaleb, much lighter the Elijah, but wiry and sinew, stands even taller then Elijah.  And Although in the feather weight category, Owen is a dirty fighter, and Logan looks for the opportunity to do his "Death From Above" maneuver (he stands on the arm of whatever furniture is closest to the melee and slams down on the pile...knees and elbows (and he's got some bony joints!)) In the end, I awoke rather sore with a bit of a knot in my spine.  But I won't admit that to them.
I definitely need to get back into shape...or they are going to KILL me.
Alright, enough blathering we have a busy day, and week ahead of us...I guess I better work.
MENS CRUISER
$70.00

LADIES MTB
ONLY $70.00

No comments:

Post a Comment