Search This Blog

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Typical Day.

This is why I say that "content" is NOT a bad word.
And with children, EVERY day is an adventure!
After a real "coming to heart' talk with the older boys last night (typical teenage stuff, but still nerve racking) we ended up having movie night WAY late.  Like 11.30 late!  But surprisingly the little ones stayed awake for the whole flick (although once over, Rozy and Owen always fake their asleep so I'll carry them to bed), and Logan, who possesses Mom's Owl like powers was still awake and raring for another flick.  Not so much.
So this morning, as is almost no, traditional, Rozy came in and woke me up at 8 am with the normal "Daddy, Izy's awake" wake up call.  So with diaper changed, I did the double-task of making bottle and coffee, before she gets to cranky (And I didn't even break the decanter this time...oh don't get me started)
Of course as I sat nursing my coffee (in the dark, I hate light's first thing in the morning, and as there are no windows in the kitchen or front of the house, it's the perfect little cave!) Logan, now awake came out of the bedroom huffing and puffing carrying a plump little Izy, bottle clenched in teeth, and plopped her down in front of me.  So we spent the morning playing fetch with a little cheap-o pull back model car.  Even the momma, now awake and bleary eyed, stated that "She's not a DOG!".  Hey, if she's entertained....
And as she explored and found more goodies, something struck me as funny.  When your new parents you fall pray to the hype about what's good and necessary for raising children, so you spend umpteen thousands on a load a crap, that you never really use.  Seriously.  We have had THREE diaper Genies, never uses 'em once.  Teething rings?  Nope.  And this point was brought home as I watched Izy (now a drooling mass of teeth cutting fury) gnawing on a rock.  Yep.  Seems Owen came across a river rock while digging in the backyard, brought it in and cleaned it and she "claimed" it.  Just don't try and kiss her when she's holding it.  She's in the "smack you if you get to close stage"
All together a pleasant morning.
Being of course a wonderful catalyst to a good day.  Rain let up a few minutes before I left, and the sun is now out and blazing!  So don't waste another moment sitting in YOUR cave!  Get on out and enjoy it while you can!!
Yesterday was surprisingly busy, giving the Gail-force winds (I stepped out in it for 30 seconds and had to chase my hat down the parking lot (not a pleasant sight, having a fat man run!)) and driving rain, but had MANY a re-pair come in and pick up (THANKS to all for your continued trust and support)
Thanks to Andy and his lovely wife for choosing us to make the three-wheeler for them!  They have come in a couple of times, and after searching "Elsewhere" realized paying less the half of what they'd pay anywhere else, was a good thing!
Even though I was quite busy with re-pairs I did manage to finish up the SWEET little vinatge Raleigh Chopper!  Check her Out!  Also got about 90% done on another MTB re-build!
Special thanks to the Gents who came in first thing this morning, and gave us quite a compliment.  Seems they've "heard good things" about us and have been doing a wee bit of research.  Recently they sold a 21 year business and were "looking for something to do with their time".  Now taking it all with a grain of salt, and I'm not sure the offer was genuine, although quite generous, sadly I had to decline.  RE-Cycle is not for sale.  Not even for that much.  My family built this business with the intent of being a Family business.  Now and forever.  Somethings you just can't put a price on.  Thanks anyway.
SO, on that note, I have a store CHOKED with stock I GOTTA get out!
Have a GREAT day!

SWEET VINTAGE RALEIGH CHOPPER
ONLY $145.00!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment