Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Why oh WHY Firefly?!?!

I have said it before and I will say it again!
There is no justice in Hollywood!  In a town the can mass produce such mindless, meaningless insipid PAP as a myriad of mind numbingly putrid tripe such as "Real Housewives" and cooking competition shows filled with poorly overacted melodrama!  And retched, one laugh sitcoms, why is it that shows of high quality barely make it through 1 season?  Stellar programs like "Sports Night" and "Studio 60" only to name a few.  And Firefly.  Joss Wheadons imaginatively creative, Superbly cast, originally conceived (OK he did take Gene Roddenberry's "Wagon train to the Stars" a LITTLE literally) overall engaging show, only to have it sacked after 1 season.  I mean even though I have to forgive the man for "Buffy the vampire Slayer" and "Angel" (I'm sorry but you can't top the movie (1992) with Kristy Swanson (check out her cameo in "Ferris Buelers Day Off") Luke Perry and of course my hero Paul Rubens (his indiscretion forgiven).  I mean his death scene is one of the all time FUNNIEST!) And of course he was allowed to make the film "Serenity" to tie up the loose ends of the show for the fans.  And I'd have to say if the amount of sites on the Internet dedicated to the show is any sign, they have a fan base to rival Star Trek!  So my question HAS to be, the film debut in 2005, only a few years ago.  Why not a sequel?  I mean there is still SO MUCH story to tell. 
I finally got to watch the film last night.  Don't ask me why it took so long, I have no answer.  I had seen a snippet of it when a customer I was doing a remodel for used the film to test out a wide screen we installed back in '06.  I watched the first 5 minutes and was astounded!  Why had I, a Sci-Fi geek not only had not seen it?  But had never heard of it!  He educated me, and i sought out Firefly, watch the whole season with my lovely bride and we were both spell bound!  Imagine my shock to discover it was the ONLY season!
Yes, you're right I have a hard time letting go.
It's called "obsessed!"
OK, now what was it I'm supposed to talk about?
OH YEA!  BIKES!!!
As you saw yesterday put out four new goodies and have several more to work on today!  Nice ladies Specialized Hybrid, a "Big Boy" banger, two other MTB Bangers, and an OLD SCHOOL Raleigh chopper full re-paint! As we have been doing all the buying we can!
Speaking of buying...Every now and then the supplies get low, so we attempt to run adds on Craigslist in the Items Wanted section.  Well apparently SOMEONE doesn't like competition!  I know i have harped on this subject until there was nothing left of the horse!  But it's funny, I posted and RE-Posted 7 times and each time it stayed up no longer then 30 minutes.  WOW!  someone doesn't want to share their toys!  Could it be that they think little old us is a threat?  Well I suppose when you check out the other guys who do what we do and the prices THEY charge for their finished product...I guess I can see why they wouldn't want us buying out from underneath them.
Heh Heh.
Does that make me sound petty?
Well never let it be said i can't play in the mud, as well!
All right so I am fully caffeinated (a MUST after staying up until 2.30am watching movies!) and ready to RUMBLE!

Check out the flick, very funny!  Not the shows attempt at making it serious.  And watch after the credits for Paul continuing death scene!

No comments:

Post a Comment