Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Slowly Returning To Normalcy

Well the truck has finally gone home to it's rightful owner!  And of course I did so the day before one of the coldest, windiest days of the year!  Now with all due respect to my Northern readers 50 degrees may seem like a summers day, but to this thin blooded (displaced Yankee) Floridian its practically ARCTIC!  Needless to say, the bike ride to school this morning was met with the occasional whiny quip regarding hands frozen to handle bars and nipples so hard you could cut diamonds with them! (OK...that last one was mine) But with everyone nestled snuggly in a warm school I proceeded to the shop.  An unfortunate side effect to moving North and farther away from the house is there is no more return home after dropping the kiddos off to have coffee with Momma.  Hopefully our near future plan of bringing the baby girls with us in the morning will come into play soon.  But as Momma don't sleep to well at night, she enjoys the couple hours she gets in the early am, and is hard pressed to give it up yet. 
(I snore.)
Also, as the work is finished on the new digs I have reasserted my efforts in earnest to put out new goodies!  And not a moment to soon I may add as more and more folks are discovering us and it would be real helpful if I had something to show them when they come in!  Not that  we have a shortage of material to work with!  Oh nay, nay!  Picked up a few more goodies yesterday as it was more of a swap meet and trading post around here.  Many folks bartering for goods then cash exchanging hands.  Bestest find (and a MAJOR kudos and back slap to Lee for doing the research leg work for figuring it's origins out) was a "scrap" frame (with a full compliment of hardware sans wheels) we got from some folks cleaning out their garage. It is a 1985 Schwinn paramount!!!
Yea...me too.  I had no idea what it was and gave it little concern, but Lee spoted it for the craftsmanship it was and did an internet search and got its specs.  WOW!!!  What a find!  EBAY prices on this little goody range from $799.00-$4000.00!!!!  YOWCH!  Have no fear!  We won't be that Crazy!  Gonna do  full blast down, repaint an I got a real sweet set of Shimano 600 integrated I'm gonna nail on 'er.  Not original hardware, but hey...we aint purest!  I just want to make a sweet ride!  Also got an older Fuji ladies road bike.  Don't get those all that often and this one is a a real peach! 
So with that I'll leave ya with the three from yesterday and talk back at you this eve!
See ya soon! (hint, hint)
LADIES 26" MTB
ONLY $70.00!!
MENS 24" DUAL SHOCK MTB
ONLY $55.00!!


MENS 26" "MOON DOG"
ONLY $60.00!!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment