Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

DOH!

Ever have one of those days you were suffering from a terminal case of Stupid? 
Yea.
Spent an hour and a half yesterday and half this morning working on a Next Avalon (yes...many of you may ask yourself "WHY?!") as I refused to give up.  Got it finished, finally then washed it and as I pulled it back in I noticed a wobble in the rear end.  Thinking the rear wheel wasn't tight I put her up on the rack and it was THEN that I noticed the rear shock was shot.
ARRGH!!
I broke a cardinal rule!  "Check ALL systems and components before starting work so you know what you are up against and to make sure you have all the parts you need!"
Guess what one part I don't have?
Oh you ARE good!
The idiocy didn't stop there.  Then I picked up a new bike from a source we have done business with many times in the past and rarely have to do anything to the bikes he brings in as he usually fixes them up before bringing in.
Nope. Not this one!  As it stands have had to replace the entire brake system and shifters.
ARRGH!
So needles to say I ain't got carp to show you today! 
I do so hope to amend that tomorrow!
All right, I best get a move on before it gets dark and REAL cold!
Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment