Search This Blog

Thursday, March 21, 2013

OK....so....Not So Much...

Yesterday was not as productive as Tuesday.
That's OK though, as we were just very busy helping out customers which is, after all what we are here for.
(at least that's what the instruction book says)
Not to mention the fact that it wsa overcast and rainy, so when the kids came up after school they were pretty much under foot as they couldn't play out back.  Now don't get me wrong, I think its real cool that with the new joint we have a whole room in the back dressed up as a playroom for them to do their homework, and watch movies, games etc.  BUT they seem more interested sometimes "helping" daddy or mommy.  And then this morning as I was looking for a pen I found further evidence that kiddos were a foot....

Apparently Angi's desk was the site of a gruesome Pokemon' battle.
There were few survivors.
Well, I guess it's a good survival trait that our kids can be pretty much comfortable wherever they go.
ANYWAY!
We are now OFFICIALLY a store! The lackluster, unreliable and all together unprofessional sign company I unfortunately contracted with FINALLY put up our awning!  And it only took 7 weeks!
Oh PLEASE don't get me started!  Suffice to say I am not the type to badmouth another business (OK...except WalMart) but if you should ever be in the market for signage please call me and I will tell you who NOT to use!!!
In the end though..it is a good looking sign...
That's my bike in the foreground for scale!
Once again...logo design courtesy of the Chip Haynes Multi-Media Corporation!


MOVING ON!
SO thanks to all the cool folks coming by to pay us a visit!  The Raleigh hybrid that lasted a surprising three days found a new home!  And to a very happy camper as well!  Also, a young lady who picked up the ladies bike on Tuesday brought a fellow co-worker in yesterday who was intending on browsing but ended up walking out with the sweet looking 26" dual shock men's bike I had just put out a couple hours before.  So thank you very much Miss. for the hand delivered referral!  And a belated and new "THANKS" to our friend from Canada, Dave for the wonderful donation of food! 
BACK STORY!
When we first started this little enterprise, we were just buying, building and selling bikes out of our garage.  The concept of "Bike Re-pair" hadn't come up yet.  Well one day Dave and his wife stopped by the old homestead, looked at a few we had out and started talking with Angi.  One thing led to another and he asked me if we serviced other folks bikes.  Well, never being one to be accused of being "sharp witted" I said I'd be more then happy to take a look at what he had and help him out.  He brought it by later, I figured out hat was wrong and fixed it, then handed it back and stood by dumbfounded when he insisted he "pay" me for it.
What means this...pay?
Well after that the rest was history (and after Angi insisted I changed our sign too...."and repairs"!)   Dave and his wife have been a mainstay in our life ever since.  When we were going through our "Dark Time" in the first year, they were there with food, comforts and the occasional referral hand delivered to bring in much needed income.  And every year they come down we service their bikes for the season.  And every time their community center has a shindig they bring us the leftovers!  Mmmmmmmmmm!!!MM!  Good home cooked goodies!  This past St. Patties day feast gave us four trays of Corn beef, cabbage, potatoes and carrots!  Four dinners, and corn beef hash (also added some stew beef (remember...the boy bought the seasonings the first time around instead of the meat!)) and today brought by even more goodies!  Haven't seen it yet but heard it was Meatballs, sausage...etc!  MMMMMMMMMM! M!  I have Italian food in my future!
Well I have blathered enough, need to be getting back to it!  Check out the two new goodies I DID finish and we'll see you soon!

LADIES 6 SPEED W/ NEW TIRES!!!
ONLY $70.00!!

LIKE NEW MEN'S DUAL SHOCK MTB
SOLD


No comments:

Post a Comment