Search This Blog

Monday, March 4, 2013

Perplexation

"Just how the HELL do car drivers DO IT?!"
OK, it's no secret I have no love lost for cars, but let me set the history straight for any of those who don't understand my apathy to the four wheelers out there.
Roughly seven years ago Angi and I sat down to watch "An Inconvenient Truth" and let me tell you it was an eye opener!  And as we sat and discussed the unnerving facts we came to realize our meager attempts at recycling and such were  minimum at best in limiting our carbon foot print.  We sought a more dramatic life style change.  Jump forward a couple weeks and we decided to scrap our family van.  Literally.  And we have been relying on bikes, buses and the occasional cab ever since!
That is until Terry offered up his spare truck for the move.  I acquiesce that when heavy moving is involved a truck beats a three wheeler hand down each time, but MAN!  How do people do this every day!?!
I Mean traffic, traffic lights, and other oblivious, texting, cell phone searching impatient troglodytes aside....the price of GAS!!!  SHEESH!!  Look, we live about a mile from the new shop, a quarter of a mile from the old one, and the two shops are 3/4 of a mile from each other and except for the occasional trip to the hardware store I was pumping $20 every couple of days into the bloody thing!!!  And I didn't make many trips!!!
How can a car driver afford to EAT much less pay all their other bills!  No wonder so many people sell their bikes for gas money!!
Needless to say I will be quite happy when Terry comes and picks this thing up again!
ANYWAY!!
Today was one of those days I just want to go to sleep and forget about.  I did manage however to finish up three new goodies but only had enough brain power to take a pic of one!  But it was the bet one!  A FULLY re-furbed classic Caloi "Big Boy" Cruiser! 
Check it out below!
Alright, I'm gonna drone to some "Phineas and Ferb" then hit the hay!
See ya in the morn!!

PS!  Hey Chip!  Look forwrd to the GOMBA'S visiting on Thursday!  Hope you love the new joint!


CLASSIC CALOI "BIG BOY"!
ONLY $90.00!!

No comments:

Post a Comment