Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

What a Lovely Old Bird!

I've said it many times before and I'll say it again, it never ceases to amaze me what folks will throw away!  A few weeks back had a new picker bring in an older ladies Schwinn Collegiate.  It was minus a rear wheel and a few other components (thanks to Chip for setting me up with some MAJOR important parts I was without (although I ended finding my stash today as I was cleaning!)) After a full re-furb we present the pic below!  What a PEACH!  Also managed to put out another "Daily Banger Special" in the form of a real clean Pacific MT, 21 speed!  And Kaleb has been in assist and did a real GORGEOUS scratch build on a lightweight BMX frame we got in a few days back! 
Also Many MANY thanks to all the great folks bringing their re-pairs in, as always we are humbled by your praise.  And a very special shout out to CJ!  He has heard about us and according to him, they were "good" words!  Turns out, he acquired a nice Peugeot MTB frame in a "Clean Out" of a rental property, and instead of thinking of scrapping it, brought it to us to rebuild for him!  AWESOME!!!  I absolutely LOVE IT!!  Please forgive me for a moment of uncharacteristic egotism, but I'm DAMN proud that before we arrived on the scene this gent would have thought nothing about just scrapping a potentially viable ride, but now?  Again I say....AWESOME!!!
Well with that, I had better get a move on.  Although I had promised myself I'd hit the sack early last night, Izzy had other plans.  BUT, I was on time this morning.  Just very, very tired!   SO tonight? 
We'll see.
THEY JUST DON'T MAKE THEM THIS PRETTY ANYMORE!
ONLY $135.00!!!

SIMPLY SIMPLE "DAILY BANGER SPECIAL"
ONLY $80.00!!

A KALEB ORIGINAL SCRATCH BUILD!
ONLY $75.00!!

No comments:

Post a Comment