Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

I Like Ike!!

Sorry for failing to update yesterday!  Got busy again towards the tail end of the evening (perhaps as it cools off around here slightly) and was running a WEE bit behind schedule.  Thanks to the folks for coming in and picking out the pink MTB for their daughter, glad we could wing you a deal!  And our favorite, our "Tired Of Walking" sale on the  Mongoose EFX!  And yes, I acknowledge you were a woman of your word and you DID come back to pick it up as you promised!  Also i would like to thank the wonderful lady who, in preperation for her granddaughters visit, brought her "fresh from storage" commuter in for a once over and some GREAT compliments!  Also, I have to thank "Chainwheel Drive" for referring her to us!  It ended up not needing anything and what they originally claimed was a bad front shock turned out to be nothing at all.  She was quite thrilled at the $0. dollar bill!
Managed to get out two real gems yesterday as well!  A great shape Nishiki Colorado, and (drum roll please) a final return to the custom cruiser we all miss! (well I do, anyway!) Hence the tittle of today's little tryst!  For any of you under the age of forty (or attending public school) who may not KNOW who "Ike" is....
Harking back to an era in US history, reminicent of when times were better!  Our 34th president from '53-'61, post WW2 in the Golden years of American prosperity, high ways and the total decimation of the inner city giving way to the bliss of suburban track home living! (all right I became slightly sarcastic towards the end there)
I call this nostalgic retro-storation the "Ikeman" As I did not grow up in that era (I was born in August '67 the "Summer of Love"...hence my warm and fuzzy personality) this is a recreation of what I think bikes were re-done back then!  Coincidentally, in his regular Monday visit our buddy Chip pointed out to me, that in fact it was quite close to reality.  I give him the credit for it's name sake inspiration!  Also on the subject of Chip, just received a read copy of his latest opus "The Late Show"!  So far it reads smooth!  I won't give to much away (I can't, have only read first chapter) But it centers around local city politics in a fabricated city that could be any pre-fab community, during the post-anoulouge TV era (remember the "Switch"?) and from what I've read  so far appears to be a bitting critique of the insipid nature of politics as a whole!
Can't go wrong with that!
So with that, I had better get on
"WAY-COOL" RETRO CUSTOM CRUISER!
ONLY $130.00!!!

FULLY RE-FURBED NISHIKI COLORADO
ONLY $145.00!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment