Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Daddy Day Care!!

As today marks the occasion of Angela "Hair Day" (she's considering a cut like Abbey from "Primeval") Little Miss Izzy is hanging with Dad.  Inspired in preparation for her arrival, Justin and I cleaned the shop (a much NEEDED task, for certain!) Sometimes it takes a "reason" for me to organize, as organization is not suitable justification for the thankless task! 
Yesterday was a "Mother Earth Hates Me" day!  Middle of the afternoon the sky's opened up in a deluge about 30 minutes before the Elementary kiddos had to come home. (the High schoolers old enough...he's on his own) Unfortunately two of our three little guys have NO respect for, well....anything, and to give them an umbrella or slicker?  Not so much.  So as I am the WONDERFUL father and provider, I put on my slicker picked up some new umbrella and slickers for the kids, and sloshed off into the heavy rains and high winds.  A little more then half way there (not to far, but far enough to be drenched) the sky cleared up and the sun poked out as soon as I reached the school.  Upon returning them to the house (after a brief stop off for slushies...I'm an easy touch for the puppy dog eyes) I dried off and changed my clothes, and upon opening the door to return to the shop...yep, you guessed it TORRENTIAL downpour again!!  Somewhere God is laughing "SUCKER!"
I was destined to spend my day in squishy socks.
And the weather was throwing off many other folks as well.  Many stopped by to check out the goodies. Sold the men's "Daily Banger Special" but she left it here to pick up when the weather got better.  One of our regulars choose the Sweet little BMX'er for her (but MOM I want A CAR!) high schooler, but left it here for a little while for same reason.  Then as the day came to a close and I was getting prepared to head out had a slue of folks come in, 3 re-pairs (thank you SO much for the faith!) Sold the ladies vintage Schwinn, and Mongoose Hooligan to some folks newly arrived from Vermont (GO YANKEE'S!) and Tom came in to (excitedly) pick up his freshly re-built Giant (she turned out a real peach!)
So today will see more building, stripping of parts bikes and beginning to work on two new specials!  The polka dot bike (figured out how that's gonna look! TRICK!) and the chopped cruiser!  SWEET!
Keep en eye peeled for those pic's!
All right, I gotta find some cartoons for Izzy, so i can get to work.  I'm tiring of the "pick up" game!

No comments:

Post a Comment